Thursday, August 06, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: iubhounds
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2129

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 39
Total: 39
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Trasharoo mounting
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Trasharoo mounting
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

Any tips on mounting a Trasharoo? Having quite the oddysey of failure over here...

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

Mike FWIW...I crossed my straps over the spare a and it worked for me. In other words, the straps created an "X" behind the spare. It was a bit challenging but I just extended straps as far as possible then tightened then up. I hope that makes sense. I'm sure others have some good advice as well.

BOL
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

I ended up using this general principle, main issue was my hands are way too big to get behind my spare basically at all.

X'd them loose and tightened it, looks pretty good now - thanks.

God help me when I get a flat... Laughing

check out my BLOG

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

If you had an exp one with swing out it helps. Wink
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

Mike- I had the same problem. I made the lower straps as long as I could get them and then crossed them behind so the buckles are at the top of the tire. It is still tight to get them buckled but it's doable. Guide the straps up from the bottom. They should be long enough for you not to have to put your hands behind the tire from the sides, or at least not far.
rossaz
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

tibaal89 wrote:
Any tips on mounting a Trasharoo? Having quite the oddysey of failure over here...

Arrrrrg! Its the trasharoo cracken!
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

Give me some feedback on how long the straps last sitting in the sun everyday.

I've warrantied ~ one dozen in the past year...

I'm actually waiting on some replacement right now.

Wish they'd fix the issue with the straps and UV damage... Evil or Very Mad
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

Damn, haven't heard of that... I bought mine from Finn at Sedonafest 2012 and am just now getting around to mounting it for the first time. Laughing

check out my BLOG

MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

The last one I had only survived about 4 months before the straps just rotted away in the sun. I park outside, and it baked from about April through July. The straps literally turned powdery when I pulled on them and broke them apart. Mark got me my replacement (excellent service, BTW), but I still haven't mounted it. I suspect it will do the same thing when I get around to it. If it was easier to put on I would just mount it when I go out and take it off when I come home. I think the product is a great idea, but with crap execution/construction.
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

Dave (the guy who imports them) is a fine chap and stands behind the bags when they die.

The problem, Poor Finn and Mark ended up being the middle man due to my massive sales of the bag.

Great idea...dies a horrible death in a about a year of AZ sun Sad
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

Kurt were you on the El Camino trip where we randomly ran into Dave in the middle of nowhere and he gave us all stupidly good tri-tip? Can't remember which run that was... good times.

check out my BLOG

FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

Sorry Mark, can't help with that. I don't leave mine on. Now that it is set up, it is an easy install and removal for the trails. Got mine from Kurt over 2 years ago and it is still in great shape.

Chuck, get a hold of me and I will show you how mine is set up.
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

I got mine from Kurt. Had it on the truck for about a year. Then a couple months ago I touched the bag and one strap ripped. I took it off and the straps were tearing like a piece of paper. I threw it in the trash can. I had no idea that I could warranty the thing.
MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
Sorry Mark, can't help with that. I don't leave mine on. Now that it is set up, it is an easy install and removal for the trails. Got mine from Kurt over 2 years ago and it is still in great shape.

Chuck, get a hold of me and I will show you how mine is set up.

I'll definitely touch base with you when I have some time to mess with it. Thanks!
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Trasharoo mounting Reply with quote

Mine has a broken clasp,went to take it off one day to empty it and bamm broken clasp,also starting to turn the "brown color".

We gave 2 of these away at sedona fest last time sucks they don't last very long.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: