Wednesday, September 22, 2021

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Achery1
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2148

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 84
Total: 84
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep)
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep)
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunnermoose
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

**UPDATED 8/18/2013**

Anyone interested in an expedition type trip 30 Aug - 2 Sep?

I'm thinking about somewhere on the rim (i.e., Long Lake, Kinnikinick Lake, Cinders, etc...). Open to options/suggestions. Expedition type trip to explore the cooler realms of AZ; camping along the route. Why even have a route? Have a planned start point and end point and determine our path along the way.

Plan would be to meet up Friday afternoon/evening and return home Monday.

**UPDATE 1

The plan is to complete the El Camino Del Diablo. Meet in Ajo, AZ prior to the office closing for those that need permits. Spend the next couple of days seeing the sights. If interested let me know. More details to come as interest peeks.

Last edited by Gunnermoose on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

North Rim? Arizona Strip?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Gunnermoose
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

North of PHX in the mountains.

AZRebel
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

RC_maniac is organizing a camping trip up north that weekend.

www.popupportal.com/in...ic=72133.0
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

I like how you guys organize your run page. I wish we could do that here. They do that on 4x4HAM similarly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

I do this most weekends. I pick a direction and head on out. I get a lot of exploring done.

Id be in on this though
krzyaz
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

I would like to meet up on Sunday. I've got plans Saturday night and planned to camp Sunday night... somewhere.

Samuria87
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

I will be down to go that weekend I will have my lift ant tires but no armour underneath Sad will I be good for that run or do I need to wait
Gunnermoose
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

@ Samuria87 - That would not be a problem. I only have the stock skids. I'm not into rock crawling anyways; more into expeditionary style outing.

Does anyone have any requests for areas. My son and I have explored the area between Kinnikinik lake and soldier lake. We saw a lot on antelope and elk on that trip. We drove up FR82. It is nothing more than stream bed in most places, so slow going; no rock crawling just rough. I would like to keep it at a max of 30-40 miles a day, if that.

Thoughts?

Gunnermoose
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

AZRebel wrote:
RC_maniac is organizing a camping trip up north that weekend.

www.popupportal.com/in...ic=72133.0

I can not get the link to work. Keep getting the page can not be found warning.
Samuria87
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

I am down as long as I can get my lift kit installed by then. I can do it myself but my apartment complex won't allow it . Hatters!!!
Gunnermoose
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

Where do live? I have a garage and driveway.

Samuria87
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

Tucson on speedway/ pantano
Gunnermoose
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

Ok, a thought -

I'm thinking the El Camino Del Diablo. Have to limit (4) vehicles. If people are interested let me know NLT Friday. That way I can see about securing a permit. Meet Friday evening around 32.356015,-112.827101. Traverse the area and end around Yuma on Monday and head home.

Gunnermoose
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Get out for the weekend (30 Aug - 2 Sep) Reply with quote

Ok, just got off the phone with BLM. Anyone going on this would need to get a permit. It is more about signing the waiver and watching the video.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: