Monday, September 21, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: tehhippy
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2136

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 7
Total: 7
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD)
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD)
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Wild Arizona

Three days in some of the most beautifull country Arizona has to offer! We'll visit mining ruins from the late 1800's and indian ruins from the1300's. This adventure includes wheeling, camping and basic survival skills. You will see things that will amaze you!

Requirements:
Four wheel drive vehicle in good repair. 32" + tires, adequate skid plates, CB radio (handheld is ok). Food and camping gear.

April 28,29,30

Next Class: April 28,29,30

Class size: limited to 10 students or a maxium of five vehicles.
Four wheel drive vehicle required. Please click on "Wild Arizona" for details.
$450 per student[URLl= surviveoffroad.com/~si...3]Register for WILD ARIZONA -Click Here[/URL]

Three days in some of the most beautiful country Arizona has to offer! This adventure includes wheeling, camping and basic survival skills. You will learn ways to do things that will amaze you! Click "Wild Arizona" for more information.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Jimbo - why don't you lead a run on this trail for free? I suspect there won't be many takers on here for $450.
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Concur. I'd LOVE the training from the pros, but my broke ass can barely afford the cost of the run itself, let alone having Cody Lundin and Dave Canterbury tagging along for a fee =)

Already been looking at the routes on Hikearizona.com so, to say the least, I'd be down!

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

MrVTX wrote:
Jimbo - why don't you lead a run on this trail for free? I suspect there won't be many takers on here for $450.
This is how Chuck makes his Living, I would never do that to a guy that way. Besides, one 4x4 class does not a leader make on a trail like this. You can get seriously F'd up if you do it wrong. This is a major expedition (3 days) and will require more savvy than I have.

I hear you on the cost, it's pretty high but if you break it down by the day, it's not that much for a guide.

I got so much more than a 'run' out of the day I went out with Chuck.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

WHO ELSE IS IN?

ComeON COP DOC!

Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
WHO ELSE IS IN?

$450..................Ummm..............no.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Tim,
if this was just a RUN, I would agree with you, but it's a training course, that teaches you SURVIVAL should you get into trouble on the trail. maybe you have all these skills already but I for one am on a Lifelong learning journey and maybe someday, things that I learn on Survive Offroad, might save me or my family from death.

I think that is worth $100 a day.

FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Tim,
if this was just a RUN, I would agree with you, but it's a training course, that teaches you SURVIVAL should you get into trouble on the trail. maybe you have all these skills already but I for one am on a Lifelong learning journey and maybe someday, things that I learn on Survive Offroad, might save me or my family from death.

So GOOOO!!!!

Tim's not telling you not to go or that you shouldn't because of his opinion. He's telling you that HE insn't going because of the cost.
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Tim,

Well then go drop $450. As Bruce stated All I was saying is I'm not dropping $450. Not to be an ass but alot of those "skills" are known as common sense.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

I would like to add that if the website gave any meaningful info on the class it might help. The writeup (which appears to be identical to the info on the website) really doesn't say much about what you're really getting for your class fee. The writeup for the $250 'Stranded!' class is a LOT more detailed, for example.

Homedad wrote:
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Tim, my apologies on the perception that I was implying you were cheap. And YES I'm going on this outing for two reasons:
1) It's on my bucket list and I have never ever seen an organized Run by AZFJ to this trail. (until Thoreau's on April 4-5)
2) I was nominated by all of you to go take Chuck's class. I was so impressed by his style that I'm looking forward to learning more from him. I have never winched anything before, talked about what survival kit to have, or what not to have until that class. And no, it wasn't just common sense, it was the benefit of experiences that have already helped me with wheeling. (It's different with an FJ Cruiser clutch and it's FAR different than an FJ40).

Remember, YOU all nominated ME and I Liked it. MAYBE...You are right about the level of detail provided on the website and I'll talk to Chuck about that.

No need to be upset. Chuck asked me to popularize this run for him and I'm doing what I promised. If you go or not is up to you. I'm going. If that makes me a fool, then how will that change my reputation on this Board. I'm just saying.

Relic_Hunter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone for their input on AZFJ. I have updated the SurviveOffRoad.com website with a slide show and new information about Wild Arizona. I welcome any additional input you you’d like to give.
Chuck
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Wow, that page on it's own is better than any trip log I could ever write up of that route, with some damn nice photos in that slideshow too (LOVE the shot of the rusted safe!)

Homedad wrote:
AZRebel
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Wish I could get time off work to do stuff like this. The survival training especially interests me.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: WILD ARIZONA - APRIL 28,29,30 (RUG ROAD) Reply with quote

Heading OUT - Wish us LUCK. Weather should be nice.

I hope I don't have to eat bugs an chit....

Fit everything INSIDE the FJ (Except the Piano-that had to go on the ARB rack).
Ciao.
Jimbolio

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: