Sunday, March 03, 2024

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: 65Ragtop
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2170

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 67
Total: 68
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Cypher > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreenMachine
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

Was hunting dove the other day out at Robbins Butte and ran into the warden out there---Turns out he is one of FOUR that manages pretty much all of the Wildlife Refuges/Ranges out that way.

The area looked pretty well cared for, however he stated that he needs some serious help. A cleanup/BBQ was proposed for late January after the Dove hunters have left and things have quieted down some.

So just putting this out there as a feeler E-mail----Who would be interested in helping with a cleanup at Robbins Butte on or around the 29-30th of January? No specific numbers are required for turn out, however I am going to post this on the Jeep site as well as sending this to our local (Luke AFB) volunteer groups.

Post up and I will try to get more details/solidify this.

--SSgt Henthorn

SDMF
conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

I don't have any idea where it is, but post up the deets when you know more and I'll do my best to be out there. Could use some good karma!

Rich C.

KF7YII
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

I may be out, but I'm not certain of it. I like doing clean ups, and so do my girls.

I don't know Robbin's Butte, either, but I'm still eager to learn how to dove hunt. I've never done it and I've got a great gun for the job. I bought it specifically for the possibility that someone would want to take me!

I agree... post up details, and lets's see what we can do.

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
Bluffin
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

No idea where this is at, but I'd be up for it and a little exploring afterwards!
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

BellyDoc wrote:
I may be out, but I'm not certain of it. I like doing clean ups, and so do my girls.

I don't know Robbin's Butte, either, but I'm still eager to learn how to dove hunt. I've never done it and I've got a great gun for the job. I bought it specifically for the possibility that someone would want to take me!

I agree... post up details, and lets's see what we can do.
You have until Jan. 3rd until the late dove season ends. What do you have for a shotgun?

GreenMachine
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

Went out yesterday again to the Butte--and ran into Phil (the warden out there). Still looking like late January for a clean up effort.

Hunting was decent--a couple of doves and a couple of shots at some rabbits. It was cold and still wet so most rabbits were hunkered down---the place is normally crawling with them.

I'm probably the only person out there that is using a tactical shotgun with a colapsable stock. It gets the job done though---I do have to be a bit close due to the non-choked 18" barrel.

SDMF
Chigoe
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

GreenMachine wrote:
Went out yesterday again to the Butte--and ran into Phil (the warden out there). Still looking like late January for a clean up effort.

Hunting was decent--a couple of doves and a couple of shots at some rabbits. It was cold and still wet so most rabbits were hunkered down---the place is normally crawling with them.

I'm probably the only person out there that is using a tactical shotgun with a colapsable stock. It gets the job done though---I do have to be a bit close due to the non-choked 18" barrel.

Very Happy

tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

If you get more info and want it on the front page just let me know...

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

Robbins Butte is just west of SR85 (highway to Gila Bend) just about 5 miles south of I-10. Access road is marked and just south of the river-bottom crossing. It's a crazy place to hunt dove in the early part of the season since it is a very popular destination. Lots of lazy people - some setting up folding lawn chairs right on the edge of the parking lot instead of walking back into the desert a bit. Probably had to do this because their beer cooler was too heavy. My son and I got showered with buckshot several times. I wasn't a fan. We left.
conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

Why can't they pack their beer in a camelbak? Works fine for me!

KF7YII
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

Can't stand hunting dove in large groups and can't stand the ones who think hunting is a reason to drink.......

MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

fjlarry wrote:
Can't stand hunting dove in large groups and can't stand the ones who think hunting is a reason to drink.......

conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

Since I'm bored at work, here is a quick venn diagram:

/-----------\ /------------\
| alcohol | | firearms |
\-----------/ \------------/

KF7YII
BoondockSaint03
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Arizona Game and Fish Department---Robbins Butte Cleanup Reply with quote

fjlarry wrote:

Why cant the people that do shoot eachother and keep out of the gene pool? IDIOTS!!!!

Simple Man and damn proud of it. Family #1, Play #2, Work..... Not on the list but ya gotta Git-R-Done.

Chris Harmon
Best Friend
RIP 3/17/2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: