Thursday, July 02, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: PLC92084
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2127

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 27
Total: 27
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Backway to Crown King - 3.0
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Backway to Crown King - 3.0
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatB
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Cool. I just had a group of friends hit the trail Saturday, but was out of town and don't know how it went yet. If there are any good pix I'll post em. I wonder if the broken down vehicles were from that group Saturday!?

toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Anybody up for this trail this weekend? Just moved to Surprise from STL and I'm dying to get on some trails out here.
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Not me...but you're welcome to Friday night wheelin' at Table Mesa!!!!
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Working Saturday and way to far to drive from Marana on a Sunday.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
swtribal
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

toyo22r wrote:
Anybody up for this trail this weekend? Just moved to Surprise from STL and I'm dying to get on some trails out here.

I'm doing a full moon night run with the AZVJC guys on June 26th. I don't think they would mind if I brought someone else along. PM me if you're interested.
AZJeepMom84
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

jschwab1 wrote:
Went 2 weeks ago with some people from az4wheelers. My open/open TJ and Sam's open/open YJ hit every obstacle and we had no trouble. This trail is definitely different and offers new challenges.

Definitely a fun run!

True story
toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Got a late start on Saturday but was on the trail by 2pm. Ran most of it in 2wd and was about to be a little disappointed but then after a few hours 4wd became required and the fun began! It took my g/f and I about 5hrs or so. I didn't think it was gonna take that long. Views are spectacular. There was only one spot that I got hung up on around Oro Belle mine where I had to stack some rocks but hat just added to the fun. We had dinner at the CK Saloon then took the very wash-boarded and rutted road back to I17. So rutted it was that it knocked my alignment out. When I got back I found the cam adjuster bolts on the front LCR loose! I had gotten an alignment at the dealer 3 weeks ago when I left St. Louis. Apparently they didn't torque them to spec!

A few pics of the day.

Remmie
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Cool pics toyo!! I can't wait to get back on that trail. Been on it a dozen times in my Taco but never in my FJ. Looking forward to it!!

Disruptor
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

When is this trail going to get a 3.0 to 3.5 rating? I know it is AT LEAST 3.0 right now.

C-Fish wrote:
Best quote...last video.
"Give it alot of gas and turn that way"... Shocked
Said by me spotting on the last Obstacle going up the Back Way to Crown King.
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Never....it's still a 2.5 Wink
Disruptor
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Lol... whens the last time you did it kurt?

C-Fish wrote:
Best quote...last video.
Disruptor
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

These pictures are of CK and Senator highway. Senator Highway could use a write up even though its basically a regular road but still a beautiful road during a snow storm.

I kind of forgot about this trip I took with my gf and her room mate to Crown King from Lake Pleasant and then after having lunch in Crown King, we took Senator Highway in the back way to Prescott. It was probably the most beautiful drive I have ever had in the snow off road.

These pictures are from the day right before Easter in 2009. I know its an odd time to post them now but I wasn’t on the forums then and thought I would share some beauty of this trail when snowy.

The back way to Crown king was especially difficult due to the fact it was raining most the way up. There was a Chevy S-10 with All- terrains that were trying to get themselves high centered on the 2nd step. I asked them if they needed help but with me being young, and them being in their 60s, they didn’t listen to me and looked at me like an idiot. Then a 30 some year old Jeeper told me later in Crown King that the guy in the S-10 was high centered at the very place I offered to help him. The guys in the Jeep helped the guys in the S-10 and told him to go back and that he wouldn’t make it the rest of the way, of course he listened because he was older. Thought that was a pretty funny story that trip but here are some of the awesome pics.

On the other note, my rear locker was not worth crap. A-Trac saved the freaking day, I had my 33’s back then.

Very wet until we got to the snow level.

The slickest part of the trail. Thank god for A-trac.

The vista point… into the white abyss.

At the mill in Crown King, I guess the snowstorm made these guys super hungry.

After lunch in Crown King, headed for Prescott via Senator Highway.

Got down to elevation for about 30 minutes where the snow was melted and played in a puddle.

C-Fish wrote:
Best quote...last video.
kstrnsplnt
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Homedad wrote:
Never....it's still a 2.5 Wink

I agree...we ran this about two weeks ago and I didn't think it was as bad as the last time back in November...before all the rain. The only problem anybody had was when we got to the last creek crossing before the ascent. There was a line of about 7 vehicle waiting on two Tacos and an F-150 that couldn't get across. The Tacos were lifted but no lockers so they couldn't get traction and were dragging pretty bad on the frames. The F-150 looked bone stock. In fact it was a company truck with street radials. We ended up getting them backed up so a Jeep could go through to winch them over.

Them, these two extremely drunk dudes showed up...one was driving a Polaris Hellion, and the other...we'll I don't know exactly what the hell it was. Some light blue Yamaha thingy from the 70's I would guess. Anyway, they decided to take a crack at it. The dude in the Yamaha made it only after about throwing himself off the thingy...no seat belt. He was able to save his beer and cigarette though. Then the dude in the Hellion tried it. He started bouncing really bad and then decided to throw it in reverse. Problem is, he was drunk and wasn't even looking back. He went off the side and rolled his hellion.

[img][/img]

The driver is the one in the red hat. He wasn't so lucky...he couldn't save his beer.

Anyway, after about two hours of screwing around with the Tacos, f-150, and the drunks, we were able to finish up and enjoy a cold one in CK.
Disruptor
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Wow... stupid drunk 4 wheelers!

C-Fish wrote:
Best quote...last video.
swtribal
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 2.5 Reply with quote

Disruptor wrote:
When is this trail going to get a 3.0 to 3.5 rating? I know it is AT LEAST 3.0 right now.

CK is at least a 3.0 right now. I had more problems on this trail recently then I did on Woodpecker or Desoto Mine which are both usually rated at 3.5
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: