Saturday, August 13, 2022

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Jovas
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2163

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 51
Total: 52
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: nimrag > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Senator Road
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Senator Road
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sometimestony
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject: Senator Road Reply with quote

Have done this trail plenty of times. Curious if anyone is interested, starting from Prescott over at lynx lake and came out from crown king/bumble bee. I was thinking sometime before the year ends.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Senator Road Reply with quote

That's a great trail if not snowed in
www.trailsoffroad.com/...or-highway

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
sometimestony
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Senator Road Reply with quote

It usually starts to get really bad with snow by mid January. I try to take it as much before incase I get an inch and go if it is snowed in to understand the trail with out a road
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Senator Road Reply with quote

Funny story. I did this from Bumble Bee to Prescott one year. GPS was set to shortest distance. I followed like an dummy. Bumble Bee to Prescott going this route was way longer, multiple times getting stuck in snow between 10pm and 1am. FJ with stock tires. I was a little grumpy that night.
sometimestony
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Senator Road Reply with quote

Dang. That’s an experience right there for sure. I’ll take that as a tip and not go that late. Especially in snow.

Anyone in Phx down to go?
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Senator Road Reply with quote

microbe wrote:
Funny story. I did this from Bumble Bee to Prescott one year. GPS was set to shortest distance. I followed like an dummy. Bumble Bee to Prescott going this route was way longer, multiple times getting stuck in snow between 10pm and 1am. FJ with stock tires. I was a little grumpy that night.

That's usually done in a Buick. Seems to be pretty common with those. Wink

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: