Wednesday, September 22, 2021

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Achery1
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2148

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 54
Total: 55
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Finn > Home

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!!
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

TALON716 wrote:
We are going to camp Friday night, if nothing else comes up.
If these rains continue, we may have to worry about the creek coming up!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

nimrag wrote:
My neighbor and I are coming down on Thursday. We plan on staying around Patagonia lake. Does anyone have any good or bad dispersed camping areas? Neither of us has been down there before.

Patagonia lake is always jammed with CovidCampers now. Come stay in Gardner Canyon, I can point you to some secluded spots there. If you don't want to hang with the group.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

SO, with 4 days to go
24 People are signed up
13 are coming camping.

We'll have movie night Friday night, weather permitting.
We will shorten the preliminary 4x4 route so we can get to the border before the hurricane starts, and get to dinner while things are still attainable.

If we get to camp early enough Saturday, and weather permits, we can do another Movie night or just campfire shenanigans.

I'm excited.

Right now the weather forecast is 50% rain chance. Those are nearly even money odds. Who has a bet?

forecast.weather.gov/M...QmFoo5KgaY

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
AZBackRoadsGirl
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Jim - do you have a kml/kmz file of the route? We're nerds and like to have it loaded on our tablets, etc. Because, you know, we might lose 24 cars...

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Sorry Jim, need to back out.

We have to much to do on Saturday Sad

microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

I may be headed to Houston for work. Possible out.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

AZBackRoadsGirl wrote:
Jim - do you have a kml/kmz file of the route? We're nerds and like to have it loaded on our tablets, etc. Because, you know, we might lose 24 cars...

No, sorry, this is an entirely new route. You should record it for next time. We'll be hitting the border closer to Nogales this time. We'll still do Guajalote Flats as that's a crowd favorite, and Montezuma Pass, ending up in Sierra Vista. SO a lot is the same, some is different.

2 Days Left
    21 Signed up!
    This should be the Greenest it's ever been, could be the prettiest.

Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Yea. Gotta back out. I’ll make it one of these years.

Lemans64
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Sorry gotta back out Jim, sister decided to come to town last minute and my kids and I haven’t seen her in over a year so I would feel bad leaving town lol

Still would love to come out with you all sometime soon and get the Lexus’s together. Have fun everyone

SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

It looks like there'll be plenty of spots but I got a friend coming with another truck if you feel the need to add him to the list~

VaderGirl
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Bummed. We will not be camping after all. I will be running solo or with a girlfriend. Hubby can't make it. See ya'll tomorrow morning!

NathansLola
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

I apologize for the last minute flake, but I have too much work to do on a school bus that NEEDS to be done in 6 weeks... So I am officially OUT. I hope you all have an incredible time and get a little wet!

Sub4FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

In. Run only. Not camping. Thank you.

airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Not gonna camp tonight but will meet y'all tomorrow morning! Can't wait!!
airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Thanks for another awesome border run!!

We limped home loudly.

Good to see all of you and meet new people too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: