Monday, November 30, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: SALTYFJ
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2138

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 7
Total: 8
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: calichaos > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

Details are up on the face of book.

Not posting the event here, so if you're interested, check it out! Wink

www.facebook.com/group...534224137/

CRAZYJOHN
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

what the f

AZBackRoadsGirl
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

Itโ€™s the 19th folks - if you want info, I can update the post here for those not on Facebook.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

CRAZYJOHN wrote:
what the f

Gotta filter out the right wing deplorables John, I guess.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CRAZYJOHN
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

AZBackRoadsGirl wrote:
Itโ€™s the 19th folks - if you want info, I can update the post here for those not on Facebook.
thanks

AZBackRoadsGirl
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

Info from Facebook page guys!

It has been way too long, so it's time for another AZFJ Meet and Greet!
With Covid, we will be doing it a little bit differently than in the past.
We will be meeting outdoors (instead of in a hotel), and then doing a run afterwards
We will gather at the shooting area/air down spot on Price Rd in Florence as that could probably hold 40+ rigs or so.
We will hang out there and mingle for about an hour or so - I will be selling stickers, we will have a christmas cookie exchange, gawk at each other's trucks, etc...
Afterwhich, we will do a run to Box Canyon and then exit out north off of the 60.
Here is some info about events in the past. I am too lazy to post the one from 2017 ๐Ÿ™‚
Link to 2014
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ewtopic...
Here is the link to the event in 2015
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ewtopic...
Here was the video we showed at the dinner in 2014
www.youtube.com/playlist...
And here was the video from 2015
www.youtube.com/watch?...e=youtu.be

It was a great time to meet folks you didn't know, see each others trucks, socialize etc...
We ended up having over 50 trucks and nearly 100 people and was a great time!
We have had so many new members recently, and some of the vets have faded a little bit that I think its time for another meet and greet to reconnect!
So, here are the details:
WHAT
Meet and greet at Shooting area in Florence
goo.gl/maps/Zbqg364janDeDd2NA
ALL MAKES OF TRUCKS ARE WELCOME
Saturday afternoon - Dec 19th
3pm Start for Meet and Greet
When you come into the area, please make sure you leave space for a "Driveway" so other trucks can enter. And park in sequential lines, so we can get as many trucks in as possible.
I will be selling AZFJ stickers (yes, we have them!) to any who wants.
Let's have some fun, and do a Christmas Cookie Exchange as well to encourage interaction. We will set up an area in the front where we will have the stickers and display the cookies. It would be fun if everyone made some killer cookies/desserts and bragged about how amazing they are ๐Ÿ™‚
Please bring a table if you have one so we can share/set up as much as we want. Please label your cookies (what they are and who made them).
Wear festive gear! This is so close to Christmas and Hanukah, so let's be festive. Decorate yourself, and decorate your truck!
Please ensure you share the Meet and Greet info with your friends (not just here) so we can gather as many like minded individuals as possible!
THE ONLY COMMUNICATION FOR THIS WILL BE ON FACEBOOK

WHAT #2
An easy, fun night run!
5pm departure time from the shooting area
goo.gl/maps/Zbqg364janDeDd2NA
After the Meet and Greet, we will be doing a night run to Box Canyon Run
So its a great chance to decorate your truck or yourselves and use your cool lights! ๐Ÿ™‚
We will start with Box Canyon from South to North (enter at Price Rd).
We will head out North via Mineral Mountain Mine road
Info about the Trail:
Box Canyon (very easy, but funl) is a signature trail, good trail for beginners and all.
There is one signature obstacle, a waterfall on the left, and a big-boy waterfall on the right.
Stock trucks can make it up easy as long as you have 1 locker, and/or atrac.
I will spot anyone up who needs it, and we will make sure everyone gets up, even if we have to tow you ๐Ÿ™‚
Box Canyon
www.trailsoffroad.com/...lorence...
A fun run for veterans, a fun run for noobs who want to see what their truck can do
Please make sure you have some form of communication, either a CB or a HAM

CAMPING
If you want to, many of us usually camp in the Florence desert after a night run in the northern section. It's a great area to camp/gather etc..
It is easily accesible, here are the coords:
www.google.com/.../dat...4!1s0x0...
If you plan on camping, you will need an AZ state landtrust permit. very easy and simple to get online.

VOLUNTEERS
We will need help with a few things please.
I will need one volunteer to help direct and stage parking at the shooting area.
I will need at least two (maybe three) volunteers with good communication to be tail gunner, and staged in the middle since I assume we will probably have a significant amount of trucks go on the run.
Please let me know if you are interested

COVID
As we all know, we are in a Pandemic.
Please be responsible and vigilant.
If you are stick, stay home.
Take your temperature before you come.
Cover coughs and sneezes
Wash and sanitize your hands regularly.
Social distance appropriately as needed.
Wear a mask as appropriate.

See everyone soon!

CRAZYJOHN
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

only on face book ? thats too bad we gave up having info on this forum!!

JokersRoulette
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

Fun!! Requested to join the FB group Very Happy I would like to go, but donโ€™t have a CB, and still have street tires on (stock FJ). Maybe next year!
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

JokersRoulette wrote:
Fun!! Requested to join the FB group Very Happy I would like to go, but donโ€™t have a CB, and still have street tires on (stock FJ). Maybe next year!

CB not needed - just a "nice to have".
Street tires - no problem.. airing down a bit does wonders and you will be amazed how far the FJ will take you. I wheeled my FJ bone stock 2007 - 2009 in Texas where everyone had bigger tires in all terrain or mud terrain. Sure I had to get creative for which line to pick on an obstacle and I wasn't the fastest through.. but rarely did I ever have to dragged through.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

There's only one spot that will require help to get up and over, the "Waterfall". But we've all been up it, some with trailers, using a variety of vehicles, winches, tug straps, but rarely are they needed.

Careful spotting is the key. Zzmikey is the best there is.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

Thanks Jim! 'Listen to Your Spotter!' lol

Joker,
We would love to have you - no worries on the radio.
And we will spot you up, if you have either atrac or one locker, you can get up on your own, even with street tires

If not, we can always tow you up too Smile. That's the only spot on the trail you might need help.

This is a perfect trail to try/run stock and we help everyone

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

Might try the GX. Don't know yet.

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Dec 18 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Might try the GX. Don't know yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: