I am going to Sedona from Friday morning 10/2 to Sunday 10/4.
There are no planned events. Just a bunch of trucks hanging out, having campfires each night with pot luck style dinners and such as we feel like it.
There are no planned trail runs, however, there are numerous trails in the area as well as hiking.
Wheeling, biking, and hiking all weekend.
Feel free to join me if you like
Here is the thread from LY, about 12 groups so and lots of fun camping, hiking, wheeling, etc...
FYI - we are going to the same spot we did last October (which is NOT the Sedonafest campsite)
The spot is further east on Schnebly, on the north side of the road and puts us closer to Sedona as well.
There is room for 20+ trucks. It's dispersed camping, so first come first serve.
There are no facilities - no toilets, showers, etc... There are some in Munds Park if you need them.
There are no trash dumpsters. TREAD LIGHTLY. Pack out what you bring in.
Please bring a bundle or two of firewood - there are scarce pickings right around the campsite, so you could bring an Ax if you wanted to scour a bit.
Food is all on own for all meals - figure it out. I will most likely be cooking yummy breakfasts and dinners on my grill/stove
Please be aware that technically, a group of more than 25 people needs a permit, rest rooms, etc...
So, we will really need to spread out when we camp since this is not any offcial kind of event, etc....
If there are more rigs than 20, we can spread out to the next good camping area right down the road.
Also, very important not to call this an event, outing, etc... especially when talking to Rangers, Pink Jeeps, etc...
We also didn't plan any trail runs on purpose due to the strict nature of permitting. So please ensure if you do runs, that no more than 10 rigs are with you. Pink Jeeps will report you
Also, please ensure you Tread Lightly. Pack out what you pack in, stay on marked trails, etc...
We will most likely be just fine, but better to be aware of the rules and such and prepare appropriately
This event is actually posted in three different places, so wanted to provide some "highlights" if you will from each group and gather them all in one place.
1. I know some people are actually coming up Thursday, some Friday afternoon, and some on Saturday. Camping is first come first serve. Where the "pin" is located on the event description is where the campspot is located. There is probably enough room comfortable for 12-15 sites dispersed throughout the forest. If we need to, we can spill over to the other side of the road as there are more good spots over there. But we should have enough room, and plenty of room to spread out.
2. No group meals planned. However, we typically have "shared" food on Friday nights and Saturday mornings. Raymond Torres always bring his giant saucer grill, so we make a lot of community meals that way.
3. Is anyone making dutch oven Cobbler on Saturday night? Ray, Justyn, Darrick, are always good for a recipe or two
4. Firewood - we (and others) have picked out a lot of the good wood around the area over the years, so a bit hard to find wood without going out and scavenging and dragging. Although I am sure Ray will bring his chainsaw Smile. Feel free to bring a bundle or two of wood.
5. Activities - again, no "planned" events. But several ideas. Feel free to post what your plans are. What I currently know about:
Feel free to post up your thoughts, plans.
You can download all waypoints for free from AZ FunTreks from here if you dont have a track:
Schnebly Hill Rd
scenic, very bumpy hill in and out of Sedona
Bumpy trail with some fun climbs and descents. Typical beautiful views
Sedona's Signature Trail. Spectacular views, some fun obstacles, and lots of good hiking. Lots of traffic, especially from Pink Jeeps
A little bit off the beaten path from Sedona. Near Jerome and Mingus Mountain. Can be doable stock, need to be careful, but lots offun and challenging offshoots
Fun offroad park with cinder (like sand) consistency. whoopdie doos, climbs, descents, offroad track. Take someone with you who has done it before
Another easy, but beautiful trail. Possible the rope swing is still up!