|i have family in eureka but they are in lock down??|
I'm not sure what today's status is with the virus stuff there, and I will be keeping an eye on that. If I do go, it's not for another 4-6 weeks, gathering information now, then will make a go/no-go decision based on the situation then.
If we can safely and responsibly do a week long, or even a month stay in a rental, it would be a much needed mental break for us to be able to sit on the porch all day, or even work remote someplace cool and humid. Even if the best we can do is a quiet place to camp in the redwoods (or on the coast near some redwoods) for a few days, that would be great. Crowded tourist areas and any public indoor activity is not an option for us anywhere now regardless of what's allowed.
Just like exploring new trails, collect info, plan some options, make judgement calls at the line, be willing to back out if it looks too risky.
I'll admit, been eyeing the Rubicon Trail on the way, but first time + solo + during a pandemic seems too irresponsible even for me.