Tuesday, May 26, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Danb
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2125

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 23
Total: 24
Who Is Where:
 Members:
Hidden: 1

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Privatize national parks?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Privatize national parks?
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Privatize national parks? Reply with quote

let the free market foster a better consumer experience.. or something like that:
www.latimes.com/enviro...ks-tourism

www.yahoo.com/entertai...19066.html

thehill.com/policy/ene...mp-grounds

www.nationalparkstrave...4-2019.pdf

I'm late to the party on this one but this one irks me. I don't want to see starsucks logos at the entrance to Yellow Stone or anyplace else.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Privatize national parks? Reply with quote

I agree with you sir. Yellowstone amenities are managed by Xanterra, and they have done a good job IMHO of managing the experience for camping, eating/shopping. The rest though, roads, permits, wildlife, etc, are public treasures that should NOT be bought or sold.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Privatize national parks? Reply with quote

but it wouldn't be a "free market", it would be a corporate entity with a stranglehold (politician protected monopoly) that exists for the sole purpose of profit for investors.

Great for big corp, bad for literally everyone else.

EDIT* and we can bail them out with taxpayer money after they mismanage it. Rinse, repeat.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
GillT
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Privatize national parks? Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
I agree with you sir. Yellowstone amenities are managed by Xanterra, and they have done a good job IMHO of managing the experience for camping, eating/shopping. The rest though, roads, permits, wildlife, etc, are public treasures that should NOT be bought or sold.

It should not be made private. There should be some price controls put in place. The prices set to stay at one of the hotels is crazy. I stayed there with my family a couple years ago and I think I spent about $650 a night. It was great but how do prices like that make national parks affordable to the public (besides having to book around a year in advance). Foreign tourists and their tour buses seemed to dominate.

A highly dangerous virus called "Weekly Overload Recreational Killer" (WORK) is currently going around. If you come in contact with this WORK virus, you should immediately go to the nearest BAR for "Biological Anxiety Relief".
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: