Tuesday, April 07, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: azrooster
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2121

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 27
Total: 27
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Anyone know this FJ
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Anyone know this FJ
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dbleon
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Anyone know this FJ Reply with quote

Hey all! First post.. looking at purchasing an FJ in the Phoenix area! I’ve seen this one listed an wanted to know if anyone knows about it? I spy an AZFJ sticker on the glovebox. Any input is much appreciated!!

phoenix.craigslist.org...65057.html
Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know this FJ Reply with quote

Yes! That is Chigos

AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know this FJ Reply with quote

It's an off-road Master, can go anywhere.

tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know this FJ Reply with quote

JIMMYYYYYYYY

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Dbleon
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know this FJ Reply with quote

It’s got 200k miles looks well equipped but slightly worried about the amount of off-road it’s seen... any input??
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know this FJ Reply with quote

Dbleon wrote:
It’s got 200k miles looks well equipped but slightly worried about the amount of off-road it’s seen... any input??

Like me, Chigoe is an older guy. Very experienced off-roader, probably been on every trail around Phoenix. But many, many with AZFJ have been there with him over the years. Lots of off-roading is common with this group and the FJ is built to handle it. If you drove it and liked it I'd say Buy It! It is well equipped and ready to go off roading. After 6 years of mostly off-road miles I sold (trade-in) my own FJ for about $28,000...so that FJ looks like a steal at that price. FJ's hold their value very well so it's possible you might sell it later for more money. If you buy it this group is a good source for upgrade info. Also on Facebook.

Dbleon
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know this FJ Reply with quote

I have Buzz, a FJ60 5.3 swap that I ride pretty much everywhere... but thinking about this as more of a daily driver to give Buzz a break. I love Toyota 4x4s. But feel slightly silly to be looking at a 200k mile daily driver.

What is the life expectancy of these rigs?
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know this FJ Reply with quote

Dbleon wrote:
What is the life expectancy of these rigs?

1 MILLION miles

42 pages of light reading
www.fjcruiserforums.co...ere.34103/

and
www.fjcruiserforums.co...es.334705/

and
forum.ih8mud.com/threa...rs.786740/

and
www.reddit.com/r/FJCru...out_there/

change the oil when you remember; change the spark plugs when you remember (every 60k miles)

offer the dealer 10K cash out the door and buy it!
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know this FJ Reply with quote

I had a neighbor in CA that changed the oil in his Tacoma maybe once every 50,000 miles and plugs at 100,000 miles. It always ran well. Another friend put over 550,000 miles on his '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee before buying a brand new one. He bought an Overland model in 2015 and now has about 3,500 miles on it. Then he bought a clean '99 Grand Cherokee for $3,500 to haul his dogs and make dump runs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: