Sunday, January 26, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: FJammerAZ
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2116

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 24
Total: 25
Who Is Where:
 Members:
Hidden: 1

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Rotomolded coolers
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Rotomolded coolers
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Rotomolded coolers Reply with quote

rotomolding is a nifty manufacturing process:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...al_molding

The big brand you are most likely familiar with is Yeti.. they basically brought the tech into homes as coolers that were cool.

One of the last times these coolers were discussed was here:
azfj.org/index.php?nam...550#178550

And recently Amazon threw their hats into the cooler cooler game.

smile.amazon.com/Super...B07N7T5VY1

smile.amazon.com/Super...B07N7V2TM9

With so many options.. who out there is using a rotomolded cooler, how do you use it, and what brand(s) are working for you.
donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Rotomolded coolers Reply with quote

I have a big yeti that scored for 100....love it
I have a small artic that I found on the side of the freeway... love it.
I have plenty of friends that run canyon... they seem to love them
I think alot has to do with pre-cooling the cooling and packing it correctly. The technology is there, but its still hard to drop some serious coin on cooler. They are more rugged and last longer. I remember my dad buying a cooler almost every other year if not every year because the lids would break or it would crack.
THEY ARE HEAVY. I love hitting myself in the ankle with these heavy ass coolers.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Rotomolded coolers Reply with quote

Still very happy with my
www.4xoverlandadventur...gefreezer/

But these Rotomolds are starting to come way down in price. Nice find. Still, you have to find ice and have soggy food.

Price on Amazon $670

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotomolded coolers Reply with quote

As discussed in the previous thread.. finding ice.. not a real big problem unless 5+ days away from a city. Most people now use reusable ice packs or gatorade bottles filled with water and frozen.

The simple / no maintenance / no electricity / use it as a seat or a stool / toss it in any vehicle / bring it on your boat / carry it to a picnic of a cooler definitely makes it more of a tool and less of an appliance.

and them prices...
www.walmart.com/ip/Oza...r/55703256

www.walmart.com/ip/Lif.../490384164

the enemy of all coolers is air.. the more often the coolers are open.. the more often the stored energy leaves. in the electric solutions.. that recovery is covered by electricity.. in standalone coolers.. there is no recovery only slowed decay of energy (unless more ice is added).
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotomolded coolers Reply with quote

Or this
c3customcoolers.com/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
8LFGRND
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotomolded coolers Reply with quote

Being from Flagstaff (they are from here) I have been on the Canyon Cooler brigade for years. Have two and they are super, banged up, and always stay cool, large chunks/blocks/plastic bottles of ice will keep stuff cool for days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: