Monday, October 21, 2019

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Dirtyfj
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2111

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 29
Total: 29
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Lower control arms bushings???
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Lower control arms bushings???
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OverlandBandits
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

So I re did my suspension and realized I need to replace my bushing should I go with oem or is there a better aftermarket product for that application?
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

What all did you do? I heard replacing bushings is a pain but check youtube for videos that may make it easier.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

I had Bryan Glider replace mine with Energy Suspension. He had a swap out pair of LCA's that he put them in. I gave my LCA's to him for the next guy.

Mine's an '08,
YOu might have to change the search parameters for your year
www.energysuspensionpa...r_4wd_2008

Installation Instructions

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

yea glider he can DO IT ooooooooooo!

OverlandBandits
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

Thanks guys most definitely gonna go that route on the energy bushings 👍🏼
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

Yes I can do it.....lol...
Hit me up if you want me to get a set going for you....602-828-2437

AZRich
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

I've got major squeaking coming from my front suspension when turning (whether I'm going forward, reverse or parked and just turning the wheel). I believe I've narrowed it down to the LCA's by spraying silicone spray on the UCA bushings, lower shock bolt, tie rods, and finally the LCA bushings and ball joint. I've heard that tightening the LCA bolts can help, but I also don't want to risk blowing out the LCAs on the freeway or something by being negligent. Are there any other tests I can try to determine whether the LCAs are shot?

Also, how do you like those Energy Suspension bushings, Jimbo? Noticeable difference?
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

AZRich wrote:
I've got major squeaking coming from my front suspension when turning (whether I'm going forward, reverse or parked and just turning the wheel). I believe I've narrowed it down to the LCA's by spraying silicone spray on the UCA bushings, lower shock bolt, tie rods, and finally the LCA bushings and ball joint. I've heard that tightening the LCA bolts can help, but I also don't want to risk blowing out the LCAs on the freeway or something by being negligent. Are there any other tests I can try to determine whether the LCAs are shot?

Also, how do you like those Energy Suspension bushings, Jimbo? Noticeable difference?

Tightening them (past spec) isn't the answer, just keep them torqued to spec. If they squeak they may be dirty or worn out. Try washing them out at a spray car wash or with a pressure washer and some soap (now that you have waterproof lube in there). Obviously be careful with a pressure washer, don't jam it all up in there.

To tell if they are shot, see if there is any movement in the LCA (other than the designed motion). get the front off the ground and really push on the wheels while watching that bushing closly, if it's sloppy it's bad.

Sometimes a bushing will squeak before it's totally worn out, not much you can do other than apply tri-flow avery few days or just replace them.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
AZRich
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

Cool, thanks 4gauge, I’ll try wiggling them about and see what happens from there.
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

AZRich wrote:

That’s my concern with the aftermarket energy suspension bushings. I learned from building muscle cars that rubber bushings in the lower control arms gave a better/smoother ride. But that may not be as noticeable on an FJ with big squishy tires and good shocks.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Reply with quote

They work great and don't squeek

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: