Tuesday, April 07, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: azrooster
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2121

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 133
Total: 133
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Classifieds › WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack
Sell all worldly possessions here. Commercial advertising prohibited, read forum rules.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZFJ4AK
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

Before I buy two new things that I'm not sure I'm going to keep forever, thought I'd check to see if anybody here still had either one of these items sitting around.

I'm fine with most of the ladders out there. Don't necessarily need a Gobi, but want something quality.

I do specifically want the Baja drop-in basket that fits in the OEM rack (Part No:
BR-TYFJOEMRCK-48-0) because it has to fit in front of the Roto-Pax mount I installed on the back of the stock roof rack this afternoon. (Which is how I came to the conclusion, I need a built-in ladder).

Cheers!
G-Man
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

I have a Gobi. Looks like they're $220. I'll take $100. I'm in Tucson.
BitCrazy
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

Pure fj cruiser has a decent price on the drop in. I was thinking of that myself

Maltajo wrote:
For the inaugural run of AZFJ Tucson Second Saturday Runs, in honor of the mother of this invention...
AZFJ4AK
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

G-Man wrote:
I have a Gobi. Looks like they're $220. I'll take $100. I'm in Tucson.

Fair enough. I'll be PM-ing you later to day to make arrangements.

Thanks for your response.

BTW, Amy. Last I checked, PureFJ was sold out of the drop in, but I'll check in again. The thing that's puts it over the edge pricey from most outlets is the shipping. It's almost making me consider an entire new roof rack.
ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

Order from 4wheel parts. They price match and shipping to the local store is free!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

Looks like a full rack in the picture

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Looks like a full rack in the picture

until someone shows it installed

also depending on what exactly you need.. you might ask a local fabricator to make you a drop in basket: azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=11100
AZFJ4AK
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

ratfink wrote:
Order from 4wheel parts. They price match and shipping to the local store is free!

Hmmmm. Went to 4Wheel parts. The guy told me he couldn't get Baja. Tried to sell me a Warrior. Which doesn't fit and is more expensive.
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

AZFJ4AK wrote:
ratfink wrote:

Hmmmm. Went to 4Wheel parts. The guy told me he couldn't get Baja. Tried to sell me a Warrior. Which doesn't fit and is more expensive.

the BajaRack dealer page also does not mention 4wheel parts
www.bajarack.com/dealers
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

I have that drop in. I haven't installed it yet, but I can concur, it is not a full size. I would say it is about 3/4 size. It leaves a section in the back open, do you can leave a couple slats there. Not sure why they would do that but it is what it is.
AZFJ4AK
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
I have that drop in. I haven't installed it yet, but I can concur, it is not a full size. I would say it is about 3/4 size. It leaves a section in the back open, do you can leave a couple slats there. Not sure why they would do that but it is what it is.

Not sure what their intent was, but it's the perfect length for my set-up since I used two crossbars in the back of the OEM rack for mounting of Rotopax water/fuel carriers. I'll get one eventually...probably.

BTW, got the winch via UPS yesterday and bumpers are coming soon! Woot!
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

Sounds like you are going for the same set up I have. I found my drop in Baja Rack on Craigslist after a long wait. I like it. I also have the Rotopax behind it using the OEM crossbars. Works good.

Did you check out Overland Equipment in Prescott?

store.adventuretrailer...14-basket/

They have it for $475 new.
AZFJ4AK
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

AZCruiser wrote:
Sounds like you are going for the same set up I have. I found my drop in Baja Rack on Craigslist after a long wait. I like it. I also have the Rotopax behind it using the OEM crossbars. Works good.

Did you check out Overland Equipment in Prescott?

store.adventuretrailer...14-basket/

They have it for $475 new.

I did, but will keep looking for a used one for the time being. I need to put the skids on my FJ spending, for a bit.
TUFFY
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB - FJ Ladder and Baja drop-in for OEM roof rack Reply with quote

I have that drop in and I love it. Fits perfectly behind my OEM roof lights and in front of all the OEM rack bars. It turn the OEM roof rack 100% usable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: