Thursday, December 01, 2022

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Kelney
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2165

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 64
Total: 64
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

Sooooo yeah...

"This is a video of a real self defense incident that happened today in northern Phoenix AZ involving 2 of my friends 1 being a disabled combat veteran (the one shooting the video) on their way back they had noticed 2 guys attempting to steal his truck, when they were spotted, they began to shoot at JR and Will, JR and Will returned fire wounding 1 individual, both are now in jail. JR and Will are not injured and have been cleared of any wrong doing."

https://www.facebook.com/WeaponWorx/videos/456612304506527/

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

Holy shit! That's fucking scary! Glad your buddy is ok. And that he got one. How bad was that suspect shot?

Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

*blink* Not my buddy. I have no connection to that business or any of the people there. Just found this video referenced in a discussion on arfcom this morning.

Homedad wrote:
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

My bad. Misread that. But that is still crazy scary stuff. He definitely had his composure though, which is impressive.

tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

he hit one using one-arm rapid-fire gangster form from his back? that's pretty incredible...

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

Silence, mortal civilian! He is former military and everyone knows that military/police are all endowed with magical gps-tracking-guided-laser-shark bullet technology that you and I wouldn't understand! =)

Homedad wrote:
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

not dissing, since I would have done nothing but crap myself... just noting the incredible Laughing

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

lol. Superiority through round count. Can't really tell what kinda range the targets were at but i concur... I too would probably have just shit all over the place.

Homedad wrote:
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

Scary stuff. It would be interesting to read the police reports. His training certainly kicked in. Hopefully the crooks get nice long jail sentences. Highly doubtful I would be that calm but it does go to show training and training often is key if you are going to carry a weapon.
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

That video illustrates why i cancelled my scottsdale gun club membership and now train in the desert. Shooting at a static target on an indoor range is only serving to improve your ability to shoot at a static target and get shot yourself because youre creating muscle memory of just standing there.

It's imperitive to move, seek cover, make yourself a smaller target, etc.

Homedad wrote:
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

I would have run down the hill screaming at them, and been shot. Dropping onto his back, eliminating their target profile, then shooting down his side at them. Impressive, most impressive.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Chigoe
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

Also claims as to be a hoax on YouTube videos.

AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

Obviously, he didn't own an FJ or he wouldn't have been shooting towards it. This shows the importance of being prepared and using proper technique; he should have used tripods, 2 cameras and included a follow-up video. Oh, and good shooting!

Honu
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

FAKE IMHO Smile

maintain selfie angle CHECK

fire a weapon and hit target in a style that would make John Woo proud CHECK

post up as real CHECK

make it go viral CHECK

sure it could be real but I am a skeptic especially of keeping the camera going on HIMSELF not the perps !
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Table Mesa... more than rocks and endangered turtles Reply with quote

Hmmmm....Fake.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: