Monday, November 30, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: SALTYFJ
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2138

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 8
Total: 8
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Vehicle alignment. Where to go.
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Vehicle alignment. Where to go.
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cgemlich
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

Anyone know of a good place to go get an alignment? Im all over the road when I'm driving. lol
I hear firestone is a good place, but I thought I'd get a second opinion first.
JustinD
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

I like Network Alignment, but I don't know if they have a west side one. I know there is a Mesa and Gilbert location.
Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

I got fed up with Firestones crap. So I went here after another non members recommendation.

This place is great! A little more pricey. But id rather pay a bit more to have it done right.

www.jacksautoaz.com

Cgemlich
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

Awesome! Ill check those out. Thanks guys!
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

I go to Firestone. The one on Ina.
Got the free unlimited alignment deal.
Never had a problem.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Cgemlich
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

I might try out firestone just because theres one near my house. If they give me a problem then I'll just try one of those other places.
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

Also have lifetime alignments at Firestone and they've done a good job. I go to the one on Pebble Creek Parkway north of McDowell in Goodyear.

Rc_maniac
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

I too also have the lifetime alignment from Firestone and they've never given me any grief. I use the one on Bell rd. at 115th ave.
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

I'm another Firestone customer. I've had the a lifetime alignment on several cars spanning the last 18 years. Some locations are much better than others and some locations should never be allowed to touch a car. I currently use the one on Camelback and Miller, they seem OK for the most part but not the best. If you are looking for a perfect alignment for your modded (and possibly tweaked) suspension by a shop that really understands the art of what they are doing, then definitely go to one of the recommended independent shops. The Firestone lifetime alignment is great for doing the regular checkups. I'm the sort that does a 5 tire rotation every 5K then has the alignment checked the next day at Firestone. When I eventually get new UCA's or add adjustable rear links and panhard, I will immediately take it to an independent shop and spend the $$ to have them dial it in properly.

Like anything else, depends on where you like to spend your $$ and how much you want to spend.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

I swear by my Firestone (I-17 and Peoria Ave). They know I off-road a lot and bring it in for alignments frequently. They are always cool about it, and make me wait as little as possible.

They have even worked with me adjusting the camber, caster and toe to figure out what feels best for me. They like to play with it as much as I do. <-- Did that sound as dirty to everyone else as it did to me?

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

Grinder wrote:

... They like to play with it as much as I do. <-- Did that sound as dirty to everyone else as it did to me?
It didn't until you mentioned it.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
BrentMG
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

i like going 602 Autosport (friend of a friend's shop). Wink

i think there are only 2 places in the valley that do Road Balancing,
and this place is one of them. i had a ton of weights "balancing" my wheels..
but after a rotation, balance, & alignment from here, i only have a few weights now -
and it obviously drives waay better (this was after a lift & bigger tires).

**they also know to do a 5-tire rotation on 4x4s - without being told Smile

www.602autosports.com/

www.flowsystemracing.com
www.uhhyeahdude.com
Seatbelts! Wink
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

AZFJTOY wrote:
Also have lifetime alignments at Firestone and they've done a good job. I go to the one on Pebble Creek Parkway north of McDowell in Goodyear.

This is the spot I take my truck as well, they always seem to get it correct for me and give me no hassle.
sicc_soul916
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

Wherever you go, make sure they don't over torque your lower control arms. Goodyear did that to my old FJ (trying to align it perfectly) and blew out my bushings. Fletcher's did my Silverado with an Icon setup and did a very good job.

Cgemlich
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Vehicle alignment. Where to go. Reply with quote

Sounds like I'll try out firestone first and when I start doing more suspension upgrades Ill probably hit up an independent shop. I just got my 5 tire rotation done like last week so its time for an alignment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: