Thursday, August 05, 2021

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: MizzerO
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2146

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 38
Total: 38
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!!
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Unfortunately I am out.
I fly to Europe the next morning, out of Phoenix, and I know my day will be a crazy as is.

Have fun everyone!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

For every vehicle I've ever owned the only time I've had fuel-related problems has involved Colorado, including motorcycles...

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Sorry Nancy and I are not going to be able to make it have fun.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Shooter wrote:
Sorry Nancy and I are not going to be able to make it have fun.

Bummer, you guys will be missed, as will Malta Jo, but I do appreciate the heads up early.

27 Spots as of 07.21.21

Tibaal you IN?
I know K90L mentioned he wanted in, and my old boss might bring his jeep but no firm up yet.

Should be a good rainy time this year.

Last edited by Jimbolio on Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Count me in Jimbo. I'm trying to get one or two more 'Tacos from work to pop their offroad cherrys. I'll advise if I get anyone else.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Gotcha, hope the Noahs Ark Weather lighten's up a bit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Sorry Jim, looks like I won't be able to make it. Have fun and stay safe.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
Sorry Jim, looks like I won't be able to make it. Have fun and stay safe.

Miss you Bruce. Stay safe

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

This is A little more than a Week away! Is everyone ready!
The rain has been phenomenal this year. Nogales, MX had a bad flood last night. Guess where all that water goes.

youtu.be/WAqT-zluPpg

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Did Jim get his GX fixed? What was the culprit? Mine goes back to shop next week so may not be ready in time.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

mod_muscle wrote:
Did Jim get his GX fixed? What was the culprit? Mine goes back to shop next week so may not be ready in time.

There's a known issue with the crankshaft position sensor wiring. The wire shielding had worn through and caused a short. An easy "Flex Tape" fix it turned out. (About $275 for the whole diagnose and repair)
But now it should be good for a while. It could also be an FJ, Four Runner, and Tacoma potential issue.

They said 13 years of jiggling it finally wore through.
The error codes were:
P0335
P1340
P1341

If all those appear, then you might have this problem.
Lexus P0335

Toyota P0335

Of course, if you take it to the dealer, it will be a new $1K-ish Wiring Harness for you.

LESZMOR
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
mod_muscle wrote:

There's a known issue with the crankshaft position sensor wiring. The wire shielding had worn through and caused a short. An easy "Flex Tape" fix it turned out. (About $275 for the whole diagnose and repair)
But now it should be good for a while. It could also be an FJ, Four Runner, and Tacoma potential issue.

They said 13 years of jiggling it finally wore through.
The error codes were:
P0335
P1340
P1341

If all those appear, then you might have this problem.
Lexus P0335

Toyota P0335

Of course, if you take it to the dealer, it will be a new $1K-ish Wiring Harness for you.
What shop did you have it at Jim?

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

Sequoia Steve's Transmission Outlet.

nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

My neighbor and I are coming down on Thursday. We plan on staying around Patagonia lake. Does anyone have any good or bad dispersed camping areas? Neither of us has been down there before.
TALON716
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monsoon "Duner Memorial Border Run" 2021 Aug 7th!! Reply with quote

We are going to camp Friday night, if nothing else comes up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: