Thursday, October 22, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: ASUFJ
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2137

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 7
Total: 7
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer Reply with quote

I’m rebuilding a tongue box I bought from Turtleback that was damaged. It was one of the newer style that has gas struts to hold the lid open.
If anyone can, will you tell me the part number of those struts? It’s usually printed on the strut.
Thanks in advance.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer Reply with quote

I'll send this over to Kevin McQuiston via Patreon. (Lifestyle Overland). He has one. c

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer Reply with quote

mod_muscle wrote:
I’m rebuilding a tongue box I bought from Turtleback that was damaged. It was one of the newer style that has gas struts to hold the lid open.
If anyone can, will you tell me the part number of those struts? It’s usually printed on the strut.
Thanks in advance.

I took a look at mine, looks like it says PA66 GF. I have a 2017 Expedition if that' makes a difference or not.
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer Reply with quote

Looks like this is it: frsport.com/tuff-suppo...ft-support
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer Reply with quote

Thank you Guys! I appreciate it!
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer Reply with quote

AZCruiser wrote:

No. That’s not it. The pressure is way too high in those. Sad

Don’t ask me how I know.

The length of those is close. And if I had to, I could move the bracket to make up for the extra length. But since I need lower pressure...

I’m gonna order some from McMaster-Carr and see if they will work.
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer Reply with quote

mod_muscle wrote:
AZCruiser wrote:

No. That’s not it. The pressure is way too high in those. Sad

Don’t ask me how I know.

The length of those is close. And if I had to, I could move the bracket to make up for the extra length. But since I need lower pressure...

I’m gonna order some from McMaster-Carr and see if they will work.

Hmmm... sorry for the bad lead. I wonder what the difference is? Matching numbers you'd think it would be the same. Maybe Jimbolio will get an answer from Kevin.
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer Reply with quote

AZCruiser wrote:

Hmmm... sorry for the bad lead. I wonder what the difference is? Matching numbers you'd think it would be the same. Maybe Jimbolio will get an answer from Kevin.

No worries! I appreciate the response and help. The length of the part number you gave me is real close. So it was a help! I just need to order some with less pressure.
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer Reply with quote

mod_muscle wrote:
AZCruiser wrote:

No worries! I appreciate the response and help. The length of the part number you gave me is real close. So it was a help! I just need to order some with less pressure.

Cool. May want to check on the Turtleback Trailer Owners group on FB if your on there.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Help: Anyone with a Turtleback Trailer Reply with quote

I talked to "Lifestyle Overland" Kevin (He was thier ops manager after all) and he said they used a variety and it's best to call them to get your specific application.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: