Tuesday, September 29, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: tehhippy
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2136

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 3
Total: 3
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Classifieds › WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got?
Sell all worldly possessions here. Commercial advertising prohibited, read forum rules.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tehhippy
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

Just bought a 2007 (Auto 4WD) and looking to make some upgrades. If you have anything below you're trying to get rid of, PM me. Smile

WHEELS: Probably will just run the stock 17s (6-spokes) but if you have some other TRD wheels, let me know. Even better if they come with bigger (285/70 or 285/75) AT/MT tires.

LIFT: Nothing extreme - been thinking either OME 3" or Bilstein 5100s with Toytec springs. Debating if I need UCAs...

BUMPERS / SKID PLATES: Could be interested depending on what you have and price.

Thanks in advance and existed to get this thing into some dirt.
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

sorry all the stuff I got squirreled away are factory spares.

Yes you will want to get the UCAs.

Do the toytec coilovers in front
Do the Old Man Emu shocks / springs in the rear
remove front sway bar

tires on the cheap(er)
www.treadwright.com/
tehhippy
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:

remove front sway bar

tires on the cheap(er)
www.treadwright.com/
Thanks. Local shop to buy/install suspension? See Sierra Expeditions come up a few times?
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:

remove front sway bar

tires on the cheap(er)
www.treadwright.com/

Toytec = overpriced Bilstein. Many documented failures...
OME is the best budget lift bar none.

No need for UCA’s unless you’re looking for additional droop. Alignment should be close enough and factory UCA’s will not necessitate a BMC.

Yes to removing front AND rear anti-sway bar if going with larger diameter C/O struts and rear shocks (Icon, King, Radflo...).

Please go with name brand tires, not retreads....

Sierra Expeditions is a wise choice.

Congrats and welcome!!!
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

CeeFish wrote:

No need for UCA’s unless you’re looking for additional droop. Alignment should be close enough and factory UCA’s will not necessitate a BMC.

Yes to removing front AND rear anti-sway bar if going with larger diameter C/O struts and rear shocks (Icon, King, Radflo...).

Congrats and welcome!!!

Because why not

CeeFish wrote:

Provide real numbers of units sold vs non abuse failures or this statement is a hyperbole

CeeFish wrote:

Yep; but I don't have any real numbers to back this up, it just 'feels right'

CeeFish wrote:

Like a lot of things in off-roading .. some are borderline NEED

Altering stock suspension puts components at new / different angles. Will an aftermarket UCA help put those components closer to factory? YES
Will not running an aftermarket UCA blow your front end off the truck and leave you stranded? Not likely . This decision is a risk assessment. Do you accept the risk of running "close to factory" or not.

CeeFish wrote:

This argument never dies. 10 of millions of commercial retreads are used every year. The technology of retreads has improved since the scary stories of the 60s. Honestly come with some real world failure numbers in comparison to "name brand" tires and I''ll listen. Otherwise this is just old tales of yester year.

CeeFish wrote:

Sure they are a local start up, yes the folks there for the most part are 'good people'. Will you go wrong using them? most likely not. Will it be a budget friendly service ? most likely not. Get what you pay for ? *shrug* But are there other as competent installation shops at a more budget friendly price in the valley - yes.

Honestly for the parts you are discussing - doing it in your driveway is VERY doable.

and discuss.
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

Hey Cali, man, I don’t have the energy nor the desire to debate you.

BTW, retreads SUCK!
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

CeeFish wrote:
Hey Cali, man, I don’t have the energy nor the desire to debate you.

BTW, retreads SUCK!

Solved! Now @tehhippy knows exactly what must be done.
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

Sierra is closed. Don't know why but just happened last couple weeks. Maybe someone knows more.........

FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

fjlarry wrote:
Sierra is closed. Don't know why but just happened last couple weeks. Maybe someone knows more.........

WAIT......WHAT!!!!!!
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

I’ve only shopped at Sierra a couple times and both times I was left wishing I had not. I felt like I wasn’t part of the clique so I didn’t fit in. Felt strange to be treated that way at a business. But I figured it was just cuz I’m from Tucson and don’t understand all you Cali-Phoenicians! Lol.
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

fjlarry wrote:

Whoa, what?! I just picked up some springs a few weeks ago.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

fjlarry wrote:

I’ve heard this was on the horizon for sometime. Unfortunately Wills health took dive and he also had some family things going on. Hopefully he’s able to reorganize and reopen.

tehhippy
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Wheels, Lift, Bumpers, Skids... what you got? Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions - and update on Sierra... too bad.

On topic - if you have anything you're selling, shoot me a PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: