Thursday, August 06, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: iubhounds
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2129

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 32
Total: 33
Who Is Where:
 Members:
Hidden: 1

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Introduce Yourself Here!!!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Introduce Yourself Here!!!
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rains_lee
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

Hey Bucketboy, Yep, I'd definitely remember your rig if I had seen it, so I haven't had the pleasure yet. I'll keep an eye out.

Except for a skid plate, all my extra FJ cash so far has gone into a premium sound system. Once I install some beefier control arms, the next thing on my list is a trail-worthy front bumper.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

Rock Rails and Tires should be a higher priority.

Then suspension THEN Bumper. Adding weight without support is a recipe for trouble.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
BloodRunner
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

Greetings, my name is Nick and I live in Tucson. I just bought my first Toyota (2018 4Runner TRD Offroad) and wasted no time in modifications. I owned a Land Rover Disco II before this but too expensive to fix! Found out about this site through Jimbolio who I ran into on my first excursion in Reddingtion with the new 4Runner (Italian Trap). I am not into clubs but upon review of this site - it is not a club so there are no members! I have combed the site and realized this is a group of people who just like to go hit some trails and have fun, my kind of people.

So far I have added full skids to the underside (front, engine, transmission, gas tank, rear diff, lower control arms), 3" Icon stage 7 lift (front coil overs, rear overland springs, shocks with remote reservoir and CDC valve, upper/lower trailing arms, stabilizer), 285/70/17 BFs AT KO2 (33s), cold air intake, ARB single pump and MOREFLATE system, and soon I will be adding a front and rear bumper.

I look forward to joining on some runs and getting to know more like minded people in the offroad exploration community. See you out on the trails!

(I guess I need to review the section on how to upload pictures, will upload once I learn this one!)
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

welcome BloodRunner / Nick! Welcome to the madness.
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

Welcome Nick from Tucson! That's 'from Tucson' as in Nick from Tucson and also 'from Tucson' as in welcome from Tucson. Laughing

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Fjforles
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

Wellcome bloodrunner
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

Glad you finally found your way here! We'll have some fun now. (BTW, he has an awesome 4 Runner).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
JKAZFJ
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I joined when I bought my FJ a couple years ago but due to life I rarely got out. I've sorted that which was depriving me of enjoying the FJ and I finally lifted it and got some decent llantas. I look forward to maybe meeting some of you some day. I would love to wheel with ya!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
CRAZYJOHN
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

hi, where is home?

JokersRoulette
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Mina! Stock 2012 army green FJ, 4x4, automatic, no roof rack.

Honestly, I'm not savvy at all when it comes to anything automotive, but I'm trying really hard to research and understand to do a good job modifying it with solid products. Suggestions and advice are appreciated! Don't be surprised if you have to dumb it down like you're explaining it to a mechanically uninclined third-grader, though. Smile

Ultimately, I want to add a hard shell rooftop tent so we can get out of the valley regularly.

Currently planned:
- Lift (?)
- Offroad Tires
- Rack - looking at BajaRack, opinions?
- Hard Shell Rooftop Tent
- Brush Guard
- Winch
- Swing Out Bumper

Hope to meet some of you along the way, and thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge with me.
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

Welcome JokersRoulette (Mina)!!

If you are looking at offroad tires.. then maybe you would look at a mild lift. A lift is often added for two reasons 1) to fit a larger tire 2) to enhance performance

It is all about how YOU want to use YOUR vehicle.

Look forward to see you out there on the trails.
JokersRoulette
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!!! Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome and the lift info, calichaos Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39

Jump to: