Sunday, September 27, 2020

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: tehhippy
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2136

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 23
Total: 23
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › ISO- Powder Coating Business
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
ISO- Powder Coating Business
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beach-cruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: ISO- Powder Coating Business Reply with quote

I'm looking for a reputable powder coating business to take my sliders to. I'd prefer something in the North or West Valley. Any recommendations?

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO- Powder Coating Business Reply with quote

Why powder coat? Bed liner is cheap and can be done DIY if wanted. Also rattle can can be easily touched up if they get scratched (and they will likely get scratched) once powder coat chips it’s much harder to touch up often.

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: ISO- Powder Coating Business Reply with quote

I am with this ^^ post. Powder coating on an abrasion piece will simply get marred quickly.

I suggest
smile.amazon.com/Rust-...B07Q69S3RK or smile.amazon.com/HERCU...01KPJVDO2/ or smile.amazon.com/U-Pol...07DGVMWS9/

But it is your time and money, so if going powder coating.. I have heard from a few people this place does a good job:
scoatingsinc.com/
beach-cruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: ISO- Powder Coating Business Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I purchased my sliders (For my Ram 2500) that were already powder coated except for the top plate. I was just looking to get the plates coated so they would match. I'll probably just use spray bedliner since it has the texture for more grip. My FJ sliders have always been rattle canned ever since the powder coat rubbed off. I just don't see using my Ram going off road as much as the FJ. With my Expedition 1 bumper and sliders, I learned the powder coat would hold up good with the day to day abuse of road driving but would fall apart once the chips started happening. The bedliner rattle can works great at covering it up but needs to be applied often to look good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: