Monday, October 21, 2019

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Dirtyfj
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2111

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 19
Total: 19
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Lower control arm frame tab sheared...Any shops suggested.
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Lower control arm frame tab sheared...Any shops suggested.
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuInAZ
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Lower control arm frame tab sheared...Any shops suggested. Reply with quote

Hit a deer, smashed up my fog light etc and just thought alignment was out. Some editing to make issue clear now: the front tab on the frame holding the lower comtrol arm is sheared so it cant be aligned. Thoughts?

Last edited by CuInAZ on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber/Caster Adjustment Valley Broken? Any shops suggested Reply with quote

CuInAZ wrote:
Hit a deer, smashed up my fog light etc and just thought alignment was out. Took it in to get done but just got called the camber/caster adjustment valley was broken and Id need to get in contact with a body shop or frame shop. Any suggestions or ideas? Worth going through insurance you guys think?

Not sure exactly what the "camber/caster adjustment valley" is (probably more my ignorance than anything) but if it's what I think it is, you may just need some alignment tabs AKA "Lower Control Arm CAM Tab Gussets"
There's a popular kit: www.metaltech4x4.com/t...09-gx-470/

I had mine done a while back at Sierra Expeditions: www.sierraexpeditions.com/

IMO not worth the ding on the insurance, unless you are already filing a claim for the hit, then may as well include it.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
CuInAZ
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower control arm frame tab sheared...Any shops suggeste Reply with quote

So now that I've seen it it appears to be the front tab on the frame holding the LC arm....not sure can know what kind of welding it needs till pulled but been driving for a week and seems ok so far :/. Just cant adjust alignment till fixed.
CuInAZ
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber/Caster Adjustment Valley Broken? Any shops suggested Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
CuInAZ wrote:
Hit a deer, smashed up my fog light etc and just thought alignment was out. Took it in to get done but just got called the camber/caster adjustment valley was broken and Id need to get in contact with a body shop or frame shop. Any suggestions or ideas? Worth going through insurance you guys think?

Not sure exactly what the "camber/caster adjustment valley" is (probably more my ignorance than anything) but if it's what I think it is, you may just need some alignment tabs AKA "Lower Control Arm CAM Tab Gussets"

IMO not worth the ding on the insurance, unless you are already filing a claim for the hit, then may as well include it.

Did some research and you nailed what I was trying to get at. Hah, thanks a lot for the help!
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber/Caster Adjustment Valley Broken? Any shops suggested Reply with quote

CuInAZ wrote:
4GaugeSurprise wrote:
CuInAZ wrote:

Did some research and you nailed what I was trying to get at. Hah, thanks a lot for the help!

Occasionally I have useful information Smile
Happy I could be of assistance.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
BAMF-FJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower control arm frame tab sheared...Any shops suggeste Reply with quote

Chaos Fab makes a gusset for those;-)

-R.P.R. 07'
CuInAZ
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Lower control arm frame tab sheared...Any shops suggeste Reply with quote

Ordered in the mail Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: