Wednesday, May 23, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: LandCruiserSteve
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2016

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 157
Total: 158
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: AMACK2012 > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › 2014 Off Camber HAM testing
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
2014 Off Camber HAM testing
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

Haven't seen a thread dedicated to this so I wanted to start one and see if anyone is planning to test?
While I'm hesitant to put myself out there...if I do... it will force me to make sure I study enough so here goes.
I've had my technician license almost a year. I am studying for my General license. Been working on it a few weeks. Starting to pass as much as fail the practice exams online. I think my average is ~65%

Anyone else wanna commit to testing?

You guys and girls without a HAM...DEWwit!
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

I'm actually sitting at my desk reading a Ham book getting ready for the test. I picked up one of the cheap Baofeng radios and got to listen to conversations for the first time on the Crown King run.
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

Planning to upgrade to General... reading the Gordon West book right now, pretty good.

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

>> General - Studying, 2 chapters to go. I hope it's planned for Sunday Morning again as to not interfere with Prime 'other activity' time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
>> General - Studying, 2 chapters to go. I hope it's planned for Sunday Morning again as to not interfere with Prime 'other activity' time.

Currently the test is schedule for 4PM on Saturday afternoon. This could change in the coming days before we release the official event schedule to the public but highly unlikely. Also, the test is a public test so walk-ins can join as well. I would suspect there are going to be a decent number of persons taking the test.

Good luck!

Last edited by Cypher on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

I'd kind of like to to it Friday morning so I get it out of the way.
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind trying to upgrade to general. I passed it once, but didn't get the code done, and now they don't require code, so hopefully I can pass it again.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

For those looking to upgrade, remember that you must bring a signed copy of your current license that gets submitted with the paperwork. No copy, no test =)

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
Shutterbug
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

Studying for Extra. Not sure if will be ready in time or not. Thanks for the tip on bringing the copies.

KG7MMP
compubmw
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

Thoreau wrote:
For those looking to upgrade, remember that you must bring a signed copy of your current license that gets submitted with the paperwork. No copy, no test =)

Would a signed print out from the website work? Or does it have to be a photocopy of the actual one they sent you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Off Camber HAM testing Reply with quote

Ye olden photocopy, so say official fcc thingies.

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: