Wednesday, May 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Tonopah
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1930

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 29
Total: 31
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: ColoradoBound > Home
02: ratfink > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › The Purple People Eater
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
The Purple People Eater
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

It needs to reinforce the mounting location for my tablet holder on the inside of the center console.

spaldam.com/about/contribute#amazon

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

New wheels and tires today. Method Race Wheels Mesh wheels, and Cooper Discovery ATP tires in 285/70/17.

Discount had a problem getting the center caps to fit properly. I'm going to have to take a look at them myself and get wtih Method depending on what I find. They also said one of the lugs was frozen and had to break it to get it off, so now I need to get a new lug bolt put on too.

KD7YKB

Last edited by spaldam on Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Love those wheels

Looks awesome

azfj owners are the best
rossaz
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Very nice sir!

AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Nice choice, looks great! My '11 has had several weak studs break off while being torqued. I carry extra studs.

azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

I still cant believe you won my wheels! Very nice.......

K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

spaldam wrote:
New wheels and tires today. Method Race Wheels Mesh wheels, and Cooper Discovery ATP tires in 285/70/17.

Discount had a problem getting the center caps to fit properly. I'm going to have to take a look at them myself and get wtih Method depending on what I find. They also said one of the lugs was frozen and had to break it to get it off, so now I need to get a new lug bolt put on too.

Very Nice....

Congrat's again!
donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

I wouldnt buy discounts story for a second. They broke your shit with an impact like everyone elses.

conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Those look good!

KF7YII
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I like them too. I was debating selling them to pay for some new tires, but Discount gave me a good deal on the Coopers, and the wife finally agreed with the purchase.

I'm starting to think the front wheel wells look a bit crowded. Maybe I need a small 1" spacer lift in the front?

I now have my old stock wheels for sale now on Craigslist.

donkeypuncher wrote:
I wouldnt buy discounts story for a second. They broke your shit with an impact like everyone elses.

It wouldn't supprise me. I suspect the guy working on it did something stupid and is trying to cover his but by saying it was froze on. I guess I'll never know for sure at this point.

KD7YKB
conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Judging from how Adam's (ag3nt) overblown issue got resolved on here, you might get some luck with them shortly. They are usually pretty good about making sure peeps are happy and come back again.

KF7YII
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Replaced the Side steps with OEM rock rails / sliders:

I also cleaned up the Rock light wairing and remounted a few of them to the rock rails:

KD7YKB

Last edited by spaldam on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Looking good; big improvement over those step rails. The stock rails are very strong. I like the rock lights.

I put the new D-O rails on last night and like them. Although they are heavier I think the stock rails are just as capable of supporting weight and surviving impacts.

Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

conejo wrote:
Judging from how Adam's (ag3nt) overblown issue got resolved on here, you might get some luck with them shortly. They are usually pretty good about making sure peeps are happy and come back again.

Hell, based on my experience if you were to find a spec of dust on a new tire there, the resolution would involve a trip to Tahiti and a yearlong free pass to the nearest Happy Ending massage parlor.

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

AZFJTOY wrote:
Looking good; big improvement over those step rails. The stock rails are very strong. I like the rock lights.

I put the new D-O rails on last night and like them. Although they are heavier I think the stock rails are just as capable of supporting weight and surviving impacts.

How's the Pan Hard bar working out for you?

KD7YKB
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: