Monday, June 18, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: TheMissingLink
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2023

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 119
Total: 119
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiddmen57
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings Reply with quote

AZ state parks and rec are looking for volunteers for their advisory committees. There are 3 openings in the OHV committee.

azstateparks.com/committees/

azstateparks.com/commi...OHVAG.html
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings Reply with quote

hmmmm....interesting

whats entailed in being on the committee? how do you feel this will help in the off-road community?

Kiddmen57
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings Reply with quote

Not sure whats involved, probably commitment to meetings and some volunteer work out on the trail.
This helps our community in that representatives of user groups are directly participating in policy discussions. This can help keep trails open and fees reasonable.

Honestly, I saw an article on my local news site that mentioned the openings in the various programs. Passed the info along in case anyone here would be interested.

Jeff Prince heads the OHV stuff up and is on the forums as well. Good guy trying to do what he can to keep access while appeasing the other government agencies and hold back the enviros.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings Reply with quote

^^^ X 2 ^^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
AZstateParksOHV
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings Reply with quote

Thanks for the mention. OHVAG is my advisory council composed of dirt loving people. They score grants, vote on my budget, and give the program and Parks Board advise on issues. We meet 4-5 times a year and hold meetings across the state. Travel is reimbursed per state guidelines.

Why would you want to join? OHVAG is the body we appoint to make sure people who love to wheel have a voice in their government. This is especially important if the person running the program does not understand our preferred method of recreation.
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings Reply with quote

OK....I am sold.

I am going to apply and see if we can help our community

AZstateParksOHV
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings Reply with quote

For anyone interested in attending an OHVAG meeting, the next one is 10am Friday 10/24 in Phoenix at Arizona State Parks 1300 W Washington St, Phoenix, 85007.

OHVAG will be interviewing the candidates, reviewing grant applications, and taking care of other business. If you have the time, show your support for your AZFJ candidate. As the OHV Program manager, I see a high value in having a representative from a large online forum like AZFJ in addition to our traditionally organized clubs.

For those of you who don't know, I love to wheel and ride dirt bikes in my free time. It is important for people like us to have a voice in OHV management and to participate in important committees like OHVAG. Being involved in a positive way is the most effective way to move the ball forward for increasing OHV recreation opportunities. As always, I'm eager to help those that want to make a difference.
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings Reply with quote

I am a candidate Gang - lets show our support!

perhaps others can attend the meeting with me next Friday

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings Reply with quote

Good Job Mike!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: AZ State Parks and Rec Advisory Group Openings Reply with quote

I'll be out on a run that day but GOOD LUCK BRO!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: