Tuesday, September 18, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: CementGray
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2053

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 79
Total: 79
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › New to FJ's and this Forum- looking for some help
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
New to FJ's and this Forum- looking for some help
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerbyFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: New to FJ's and this Forum- looking for some help Reply with quote

I bought an 07 FJ a little over a year ago, and have been wanting to Mod it but I didn't have the money, but I do now. I have decided that I am going to get a N Fab front bumper and lift it, but I don't know what else would be good for offroading. I have only gone a few times with it. Once here and once in Tennessee a few weeks back. I would like to get out more, and make some modifications as well. I am hoping since you are all local you can help me out on what I should do to it first, and where to get the work done.

Thanks
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New to FJ's and this Forum- looking for some help Reply with quote

1) SEARCH AND READ
2) Do some wheeling - how do we know what you want if you don't?
3) Go back to Search and Read
4) Apply mod's as you like based on previous steps.
5) ENJOY
6) Repeat
Seriously, there are long, well thought out builds and discussions based on this. You need to figure out what improved capability / look you want THEN go buy stuff.

Maybe jump in on a Friday Night or any other run, many (most) are stock friendly. Wheeling with others is the best way to figure out what you're going to like.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
VoodoChild
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New to FJ's and this Forum- looking for some help Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
1) SEARCH AND READ
2) Do some wheeling - how do we know what you want if you don't?
3) Go back to Search and Read
4) Apply mod's as you like based on previous steps.
5) ENJOY
6) Repeat
Seriously, there are long, well thought out builds and discussions based on this. You need to figure out what improved capability / look you want THEN go buy stuff.

Maybe jump in on a Friday Night or any other run, many (most) are stock friendly. Wheeling with others is the best way to figure out what you're going to like.

Wut he said !!! Wheel Wheel Wheel Then when it dont ,go find out why and Mod it !

DerbyFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New to FJ's and this Forum- looking for some help Reply with quote

For the Friday runs you were taking about do I just show up, or do I need to let someone know I'm coming?
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New to FJ's and this Forum- looking for some help Reply with quote

I think you just did...

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
TUFFY
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New to FJ's and this Forum- looking for some help Reply with quote

We have been wheeln' the first Fridays of the month at Table Mesa.

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New to FJ's and this Forum- looking for some help Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
...Wheeling with others is the best way to figure out what you're going to like...

And what you don't like as well. Wink

Join in and you'll soon find what works for you (and what doesn't), then you can make educated personal choices regarding improving your vehicle for your type of off road adventures.
conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New to FJ's and this Forum- looking for some help Reply with quote

Get out with some of the group events going on. This will give you a chance to meet a bunch of super-nice folks and talk to them about mods and things they've done to their trucks. Your stock truck will do just fine.

KF7YII
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: