Tuesday, January 23, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 103
Total: 104
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: BellyDoc > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › AZFJ Meet and Greet!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
AZFJ Meet and Greet!
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Yeah, they were with us at the air up site with the Gliders. Chatted with them a bit after I aired up.

KF7YII
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Ok cool! Thanks, Rich.

SafetyHooker
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:

Most importantly, Jim packed fudge deep into the valley for Mike's wife. True story.

This is just to damn funny yo pass up. even if,

zzmikey wrote:
Jimbolio (and 4Gauge) to the rescue!

My wife is bone the wiser Smile

•(¯`•.¸.¸ <'))))»•{
Tight Lines All, Kevin aka SafetyHooker
SafetyHooker
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Had a OUT STANDING time! Such a AWESOME group people. Thank you very much.
Here is a little picture video and link to the pictures.

www.youtube.com/watch?...load_owner

s129.photobucket.com/u...t=2&page=1

•(¯`•.¸.¸ <'))))»•{
Tight Lines All, Kevin aka SafetyHooker
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Glad to hear that nothing hapened with that fucking drunk troll. I had a feeling if I stuck around much longer trouble was going to happen, he was doging me hard at the bar to the point that the door guy even noticed.we figuerd if we left then they would stop.

That's why we just left. We are sorry if I caused any undue stress on any one by telling him to keep his trash in his truck and to stop pissing in the middle of the road. We have freinds that live in crown king and have learned what to do if the situation happens again. There is no sherrif in the town so it is truly the wild west up there.

After this incident on the trail yesterday (and hearing it countinue last night sorry guys) I have changed my views on carrying. We both grew up in california and have never had the mindset to carry a weapon and at 43 I think its time.

Thank you every one that had our back on the trail it was nice to know that if shit went down I wasn't alone.

azfj owners are the best
donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Wow. Glad everyone made it safe. Does anyone have a picture of the vehilce of said douche troll?

On a lighter note.
RICH I gave you that tire cover with love intentions and you pass on my heartfelt gift. Im so broken inside.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
I could have killed him with one blow from that chunk of metal, or they could have been armed as well, we all could have been killed. Being armed doesn't automatically make you safe, it can clearly be a factor but that could turn on you just as easily. The important part is knowing how to manage the situation BEFORE anyone starts shooting and, hopefully NO SHOOTING happens at anyone. Having them clearly hear the call on the radio (from Jim's speaker) was probably what pushed that situation the way it went. These guys obviously felt invincible up to that point.
Just like we often say that the driver is the most important offroad gear, the same is true for any challenge or confrontation.

Most importantly, Jim packed fudge deep into the valley for Mike's wife. True story.

The only thought that was going through my mind is that we had parked in 'Their' camp spot and that we would have to find another. Then it occured to me the bunglicker in the orange cherokee had pulled right up to the nose of my FJ (6"). That in retrospect, seems a tad agressive. The pendajo in the LR circled the camp and drove by both of our rigs. Quite creepy as you had to drive through another occupied campsite to get to the one we were in..(No direct access to the road) so this was not a chance encounter.

Then I remembered my pistol and 25 extra rounds on my new cartridge belt in the back of my FJ. It was 8' away from where I was standing, getting ready to set up my RTT. I was actually more concerned with finding another camp spot and being aggravated that these ass hats were claiming the spot that we had just arrived at.

On the drive home today I had a lot of time to think about the possible scenarios that could have played out. (Land Rover...20 year Old...soccer jersey...Mexican Music....Cartel offspring?) It was just like coming face to face with outlaws in the middle of nowhere.

And what If I was wearing my pistol when they came up, what to do then...Un buckle it? Pull it out and hold it? simply walk up an suggest they move along?

I wasn't scared at all at the time, but the ride home with my self talk was a different story.

Can a magnum pistol still punch through an engine block? Could I have disabled their rigs? Is he the son of a cartel member, driving his gifted LR discovery? Would they hunt my family down? such crazy thoughts you get on a 5 hour drive.

Thank God for Carolyne's quick thinking on the radio.

It was a great pleasure to pack zzMikey's fudge all the way from Crown King.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Bryan, no need to apologize as far as I'm concerned. I was right behind you (because you're bigger than me) and those guys really crossed too many lines. You said your part then walked away, I appreciate that.
Then again, I'm probably not the best goto person for validating judgement calls Embarassed

Jim, your assessment of potential "family" connections crossed my mind at that moment and greatly influenced the way I attempted handle myself. I'm happy we all managed to act as we did and things turned out well. Maybe we should have started cranking Metalachi as soon as we parked!
Just like the wheeling we do, there is always some inherent danger we can't fully control or prepare for. We all just try to learn to stay calm and quickly think through the situation at hand. Every day is an adventure.
Next time I think we need a Guy On A Buffalo to ride with us. Smile

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Wow! Sounds like you guys had an "interesting" trip! Kinda glad I wasn't there. I have zero experience fighting bad guys and suspect they would be better at it than me. Sad
I too believe training is key to being prepared for stuff like that.

There was a school in Vegas that claimed to teach you how to do exactly what is needed. Can't remember the name. Front sights? Will have to search for that.

I can't help but wonder why it's not jerks like those that end up over the edge instead of that couple that died a few months back on that road. But I don't wish death on anyone.
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

^^^Hey Aaron, thanks for getting the skids to Microbe. Bliss is very happy with them, install was a snap this morning.^^^
Very Happy

Thanks again.
-Mark
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Awesome Mark! I'm very glad she is happy.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Mark, what size bolts to put a skid on?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Mark, what size bolts to put a skid on?

Depends Jim.

Most should be M8 x 1.25 x 40mm.

Front(s) might be a little longer due to radiator core support and model year.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

2008 like yours.

BTW, winnings on display...Installed on the wrong side..Of course!
Thanks to 4Guagesurprise for hanging out last night. AND fixing my ladder with the extension.

Slept like a baby though.

AND it took 12 minutes to put away. (Which included a short break for manufacturing discussions)

Chigoe
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet! Reply with quote

Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: