Sunday, October 22, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: DesertXplorer
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1979

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 85
Total: 85
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

We ran this with the Pinzgauers back in April I think. Haven't been out since the Monsoons, but you should be 'OK' in a stock rig, just be ready to take it slow over the boulders/through the bush.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
blizerd
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

heard a rumor today that Chimney Rock will be closing

blizerd
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

heard a rumor today that Chimney Rock will be closing

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

No, they are re-routing the road around the mud puddle.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
az4runner
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
why?

someone please remove jimbolio's access to google.
KG7HEZ
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

az4runner wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
why?

Some mentoring is needed Jimbolio.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

Angry_Tim wrote:
az4runner wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
why?

Some mentoring is needed Jimbolio.

Because that's where the FORP's convinced the Forest service it had to be moved to.

blizerd
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

so they're going to cut a new route into the countryside kill vegetation and destroy views for us and the Forest services? I'm sorry but I don't think that's right what do the Friends of Redington think about that

ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

They don't care what you think Rob!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

blizerd wrote:
so they're going to cut a new route into the countryside kill vegetation and destroy views for us and the Forest services? I'm sorry but I don't think that's right what do the Friends of Redington think about that

Sorry .man Jan 22nd was the last comment meeting
It's now part of the travel management plan
It won't block access to the rock.

Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

blizerd wrote:

They don't care about anything to do with motorized use. Their ultimate agenda is to have all access closed to foot traffic only. They are friends only to themselves.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

They're 'FORP' people. The bypass was their idea. (Kind of like where 4431A starts over to the "C" in Chimney rock a new trail - closing the old)

Other ideas that I don't agree with are
Closure of the washes, and yes, they CAN accomplish that, just see the old road between chiva/FR37 to Italian Trap. Totally blocked. (see foot trail closed to wheeled vehicles).

The small spur road to the homestead on FR37,
TO be blocked. (Right by the pink triangle under the Turn Around AZ Trail Sign label)

We were lucky they didn't get spur 4405A to the falls closed, they wanted to do that. I think Jeff Prince helped us out on that one.

landman
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

Anyone run this trail recently? What the condition like?
Thanks!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

We did a night run out there in April. It was in surprisingly good shape (For being in the dark). Not a good time to run it during the monsoon because much of this trail is in a canyon bottom. You could get in flash flood trouble. Wait until Sept. Or Run Chiva Falls, that usually is OK during Monsoons, if you can get over the Tanque Verde Creek. (Not too deep at that elevation usually)

Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney Rock - Tucson/Redington-3.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
We did a night run out there in April. It was in surprisingly good shape (For being in the dark). Not a good time to run it during the monsoon because much of this trail is in a canyon bottom. You could get in flash flood trouble. Wait until Sept. Or Run Chiva Falls, that usually is OK during Monsoons, if you can get over the Tanque Verde Creek. (Not too deep at that elevation usually)

Um have you noticed the water/debris line in the wash you cross going to the falls? It may not be deep all the time but when it happens good luck if you're in that wash.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: