Monday, September 25, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: somjon
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1972

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 53
Total: 54
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: itsafjthing > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

This has been a long time coming, which is one of the main reasons Jessa and I have been missing in action around here but without further ado:

Introducing the PWRBOX35 by KOPPEN WERKS!

For those who might not know, the idea for this Power Box started around a campfire chat with a couple of AZFJ non-members at the 2012 SedonaFest.
There are more than a dozen AZFJ friends here that deserve a sincere Thank You for their ideas, input, and help to get this project off the ground Exclamation

What is it!?
The initial design was for a Power Box while camping and wheeling. Something that could charge what needs charging, runs what needs running, and jumpstart a truck incase it needs jumping. It's been a long 2 years but the PWRBOX35-S (S for Standard Model) is the end result.

The PWRBOX-H (H for HAM Radio) came to be from wanting communications while out in the dirt and away from the FJ. Specifically for HAM Events and Emergency use. We utilize a built in ICOM V8000 with 75W Output on 2M! The PWRBOX can be fitted with any HAM or CB Radio which fits into the space provided. If it doesn't fit, no worries. We have run up to 3 HAM Radios of one PWRBOX without any interference!

For more information about the PWRBOX, go to: KoppenWerks.com

AZFJ#4

"If I were any less of a man I would have totally just died" - tibaal89
"sometimes my brain farts even shocking to me." - SealClubber
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

GROUP BUY!!!
KOPPEN WERKS is offering a Group Buy for Pre-Orders!
20% OFF PWRBOX
20% OFF CHARGERS
20% OFF CABLES

Group Buy ends on July 9th and PWRBOX's and Gear ship the week of August 18th. Just in time for SedonaFest!

See KOPPEN WERKS GROUP BUY for details!

If you are planning on Purchasing a PWRBOX and plan to pick it up at the Gilbert Farmers Market OR at SedonaFest, please PM me so I can remove shipping costs from your order!

AZFJ#4

sl33p3r
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

Congrats Don, and nicely done.

Question;
Does a solar charge controller come built in?
If yes, what type & size is it (PWM vs MPPT & amp capacity)?
Also, do you have an AC inverter option?

2016 Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos!!!
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

The quality of these things can't be overstated...

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

Do you price-match? Amazon has it for less.

I kid Wink

Looks great, Dan! I'll PM some questions in the next couple of hours. Do you have any in stock now?

Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

I have seen these things come together over the past few years. The amount of engineering and testing that has gone into these things is second to none. They are by far the best ruggedized mobile power solution that I have ever personally come across. There is no fluff with respect to these boxes and they are worth every penny.

OldPhart
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

Very interesting toy from a guy with 30ish years of Ham/Engineering.

Experience: the ability to recognize a mistake once it is repeated.

Actual rodage may vary:
I get about 323K Rods/Hogshead
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

sl33p3r wrote:
Congrats Don, and nicely done.

Question;
Does a solar charge controller come built in?
If yes, what type & size is it (PWM vs MPPT & amp capacity)?
Also, do you have an AC inverter option?

Yes, there is a Charge Controller built in which can perform 3 types of Charges:
- Using the included wall charger, it floats the battery at its optimum voltage range so it can be plugged in indefinitely and be ready when needed.
- Using the car charger (sold separately) it also floats the battery at its optimum voltage range.
- Using Solar Panels it acts like a PWM, bringing the battery up to full charge as quickly as possible, then keeping it above 13V.

The Charge Controller has a max AMP capacity of 7AMPs.

We are working on a 4th charge option which is actually a dual battery wiring kit. It would turn the PWRBOX into a secondary battery for your vehicle. We hope to have this available by end of the year.

To answer your last question. No, at this time we do not offer any AC Inverter. The reason being is space. We refuse to go the cheap route by offering or installing a Square Wave or a Modified Sine Wave. These Inverters will sooner or later damage your equipment. We hope to offer a True Sine Wave AC Inverter in the future but till now have had no luck finding and/or building one which would fit the dimensions, still have adequate power and is reasonably priced.
On a personal level, I like Xantrex Inverters. The company is based out of Canada. You can probably find a 1000W True Sine Wave for about $250.

Hope that answers your questions!

AZFJ#4

Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

AZFJTOY wrote:
Do you price-match? Amazon has it for less.

I kid Wink

Looks great, Dan! I'll PM some questions in the next couple of hours. Do you have any in stock now?

I do not have any in inventory at the moment. All of the ones I have are already sold. This Group Buy is basically my way of getting inventory going.

AZFJ#4

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

Can these puppies put out 21A to operate an HF rig? (Say at 100W?)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

According to the chart on the box it looks like it could do about 1.5ah at 20 amps. You don't have that much to say... Smile

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

I was thinking this would be a perfect match with an FT-857D.

Looks like the only unknown would be the depth

Dimensions

ICOM 8000
(projections not included) 150(W) × 50(H) × 150(D) mm;
5"29/32(W) × 1"31/32(H) × 5"29/32(D) in

FT-857D
(155 x 52 x 233 mm)
6.1" (W) x 2.0" (H) x 9.2" (D)

DAN, it looks like the width / height are perfect, how deep is the can?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

It's 8". As Dan told me, most radio info does not include knobs/protrusions in the measurement. I have an Icom 2300H that is 6 7/8", about one inch deeper than specs show but would work fine.

Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

AZFJTOY wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

According to the chart on the box it looks like it could do about 1.5ah at 20 amps. You don't have that much to say... Smile

Thats right on the money!
The PWRBOX has one 75A output, two 30A outputs, and two 15A outputs.

At a constant 21A, you would have power for 1.3 hours without a charge. Keep in mind that 21A for your HF is only at Tx at full power. Does it list what the average Rx amperage is? It should be less than 1A in which case you would have over 30 hours before it needs a charge.

The ICOM V8000, even with the fan on, only uses 0.53A at Rx which gives you over 70 hours between charges.

AZFJ#4

Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: KOPPEN WERKS Introduction and Group Buy Reply with quote

AZFJTOY wrote:
It's 8". As Dan told me, most radio info does not include knobs/protrusions in the measurement. I have an Icom 2300H that is 6 7/8", about one inch deeper than specs show but would work fine.

Yup.
Height: 8"
Width: 2"
Length: 6.25"

It is highly recommended to measure the radio first because manufactures typically do not include the knobs (or even the entire faceplate) since thats not something to worry about when you install it in a dash. You also need to look at the antenna outlet. There needs to be enough room for the wire to make a 180 degree turn or for a 90 degree adapter to be placed at the end.

AZFJ#4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: