Tuesday, September 19, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: petertohen
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1970

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 75
Total: 77
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: calichaos > Forums
02: FJCrusher > Your Account

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › U.S. Off Road Sales
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
U.S. Off Road Sales
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USOffRoad
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

Instead of posting multiple threads I'm going to start posting any sales below.
------
UPDATE 10-1-15: FREE SHIPPING ON FJ CRUISER BUMPERS AND COMBINATION PACKAGES!

Until Sunday night at midnight we are offering FREE shipping via FedEx Ground to the lower 48 states for all of our bumpers and combination packages.

Use this coupon code during checkout: freeship

FJ Bumper: www.usoffroad.us/store...nt-bumper/

Sale Depot where you will find the combo packages: www.usoffroad.us/store/sale-depot/

Last edited by USOffRoad on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

a few questions.

the price is cleary displayed at a discounted amount on the website; not even behind one of those annoying "place in cart to see the super secret price" functions. What is the difference of putting that price on a forum like this or having the googlebot find the pricing and sale scraping bots find the information from your website?

another question: is overstock really a thing anymore? I mean resellers source items from the vendor, the vendor sources items from the supplier. Most modern companies have an on demand inventory or even direct/drop ship arrangements. It is costly and risky to carry inventory and item like lights don't go stale so there is no motivation to carry 200 of them on the shelves.

I like sales the same as the next guy, but ever since the JCPenny failure with level/honest pricing and the discussion that surrounded that failure I am always skeptical on the true motivations of the "deal" pricing.

www.bloomberg.com/news...evamp.html
appleinsider.com/artic...on-johnson

Im currently not in the market for a lightbar that big, but I do appreciate the efforts made to bring the best available options and pricing to a niche market.
toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

Looks like the same light bar $145 cheaper -

www.ebay.com/itm/50-in...3c&vxp=mtr

TLCA# 18990
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

toyo22r wrote:
Looks like the same light bar $145 cheaper -

www.ebay.com/itm/50-in...3c&vxp=mtr

similar in shape/size/deisgn .. but most likely not the same brand name. Though this price point does make it more tempting. The Chinese knockoff market is pretty aggressive in this product line, it is hard to tell any of them apart. Though I read someplace, be sure to look for CREE bulbs, but I'm guessing that came from CREE as a market saturation campaign.
USOffRoad
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

It's not an Engo supplied bar, that I can promise you...and at $299 it will be the bottom of the barrel production.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

USOffRoad wrote:
It's not an Engo supplied bar, that I can promise you...and at $299 it will be the bottom of the barrel production.

It just "Zuux". That's all.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
USOffRoad
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
a few questions.

the price is cleary displayed at a discounted amount on the website; not even behind one of those annoying "place in cart to see the super secret price" functions. What is the difference of putting that price on a forum like this or having the googlebot find the pricing and sale scraping bots find the information from your website?

another question: is overstock really a thing anymore? I mean resellers source items from the vendor, the vendor sources items from the supplier. Most modern companies have an on demand inventory or even direct/drop ship arrangements. It is costly and risky to carry inventory and item like lights don't go stale so there is no motivation to carry 200 of them on the shelves.

I like sales the same as the next guy, but ever since the JCPenny failure with level/honest pricing and the discussion that surrounded that failure I am always skeptical on the true motivations of the "deal" pricing.

www.bloomberg.com/news...evamp.html
appleinsider.com/artic...on-johnson

Im currently not in the market for a lightbar that big, but I do appreciate the efforts made to bring the best available options and pricing to a niche market.

It's simply what Engo requested. And yes, when you have overstock, you have overstock.. .simple as that. They needed some moved.

All of the other commentary is a bit over the top in my opinion... not like I woke up the other morning and tried to create a smoke and mirrors sale.

It's simply a discounted product. If you want a 50" light from Engo this is the best price you will find. If you want to go buy something else then there's plenty of choices out there.

USOffRoad
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

Free Ground shipping to the lower 48 states through the end of Labor Day on our FJ and new 2012+ Tacoma bumpers! Our VanBeest shackles will ship free as well when added to a bumper order.

Viper and Engo winches and Sirius lights ship free as well.

To get started or visit our store at: usoffroad.us/store/

Use this coupon code during checkout: LaborFREE

Have a great weekend!

robb_in_az
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

next free shipping event and Im "in" on one of your FJ bumpers

Columbus Day sale maybe ?
Halloween special ?

USOffRoad
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

Unfortunately I have one FJ bumper with shackles left in stock. Our move last month disrupted things a bit.

The next batch of 20 or so is due around the 28th...which means we will likely have a large amount of back orders to fill first.

I'm about to move USOR in to some new commercial space next week and it will take us a week or so to settle in.

Maybe after that...

robb_in_az
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

OK Ill be watching, thanks Brad.

USOffRoad
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

Combination special until December 1st is on!

Everything you need to install a winch, one of our bumpers and two shackles on your FJ all at a discounted price and shipped to you for FREE!

What is included?

1. Our popular FJ winch mount bumper.

2. Engo 10,000 lb winch with synthetic rope and a remote control.

3. Van Beest 3/4″ shackles x 2.

All for $980 SHIPPED to the lower 48 states via UPS Ground.

Sale good until Monday, December 1st at midnight.

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

pictures / price on picture seems to elude to LED square lights... however the description here and on the website do not make mention of the LED lights.

this picture

does NOT show the LED lights so Im guessing it is a better representation of what is included.

please clarify.
USOffRoad
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

As stated in the first post and on the store page:

Quote:
What is included?

1. Our popular FJ winch mount bumper.

2. Engo 10,000 lb winch with synthetic rope and a remote control.

3. Van Beest 3/4″ shackles x 2.

If you want lights they can be added but not everyone installs lights. That is a photo of my FJ which also has the Factor55 thimble behind the $980 which we will have in stock next week but is not included in the combo either.

Hope that clarifies things.

robb_in_az
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: U.S. Off Road Sales Reply with quote

Pretty good deal.
but shucks, I already have a winch and shackles though. I even have the LED lights Smile

Guess Ill continue to wait for a Special on just the bumper again.
I keep watching this thread.

Maybe Xmas or New Years ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: