Wednesday, October 17, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: bmbFJ
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2057

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 151
Total: 151
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo!
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

Friend of mine (old crew might remember Zach) is the digital editor for Motus and Toyota gave him the keys to a brand new TRD Pro Series 4Runner today, so he could take it on a road trip to the Overland Expo.

For those of you going... I'm jealous you get to check this rig out in person! Everyone else will be able to check it out at Motus and follow him at MotusWorld.

AZFJ#4

"If I were any less of a man I would have totally just died" - tibaal89
"sometimes my brain farts even shocking to me." - SealClubber
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

Cigars are on Zach!

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
ArizonaMitch
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

Pumbaa wrote:
Friend of mine (old crew might remember Zach) is the digital editor for Motus and Toyota gave him the keys to a brand new TRD Pro Series 4Runner today, so he could take it on a road trip to the Overland Expo.

For those of you going... I'm jealous you get to check this rig out in person! Everyone else will be able to check it out at Motus and follow him at MotusWorld.

Toyota is trying hard to convince us that a 4Runner is an acceptable replacement for an FJ. Good luck with that...

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

^^^^WERD!!!
Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

I am so damn excited to see this thing!

azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

Was picking a rubber molding at Toyota, they had a few of the new TRD Baja Tacoma's.
Bilstien two part shocks, Red Eibach front coil springs, TRD beadlock wheels and front skid plate all standard. 40k with window tinting! Pretty nice trucks, do they have ATrac didn't look that close??

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

azflycaster1 wrote:
... they had a few of the new TRD Baja Tacoma's.
Bilstien two part shocks, Red Eibach front coil springs, TRD beadlock wheels and front skid plate all standard. 40k with window tinting! Pretty nice trucks, do they have ATrac didn't look that close??

yes a-trac is available on the 4x4 models for Tacoma.
Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

Here are the photos I took of the TRD Pro 4Runner at the Overland Expo. REALLY NICE! The color is so much better in person. The front end is lifted what seem to be equivalent to a 3 inch lift based on eye-balling the lower control arm angles and clearance while parked next to a 3 inch lifted 2012 Taco. I did not have a tape measure. The rear end really needs another 1 inch of lift at a minimum if not a bit more. Can't wait to hear more from MotusWorld regarding their test of the truck.

blue10
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

That thing's got quite a snout on it. Can be overlooked, but that color has to be only one of several choices....anything else will do. Except yellow.....Bolio defends in 3....2....1....

“The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools.”

KF7WSA
ArizonaMitch
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

blue10 wrote:
That thing's got quite a snout on it. Can be overlooked, but that color has to be only one of several choices....anything else will do.

That's the "Pro" part in the badging...

Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

blue10 wrote:
That thing's got quite a snout on it. Can be overlooked, but that color has to be only one of several choices....anything else will do. Except yellow.....Bolio defends in 3....2....1....

According to Toyota, they will come in this Inferno color, White, and Black. Thats is. Not sure if they are doing anything different with the White and Black such as heavy metallic or a pearl add in. There is no doubt that it is a love it or hate it truck. I personally want one bad... Not to replace the FJ as there isn't anything that can replace our FJ. This would have to share the garage with the FJ.

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of how it looks, and yes, the color is much better in person.

Can't wait to see what Expedition One does for bumpers...
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

The new TRD Baja Tacoma's I saw at dealer were stickered at 40k. These will be over 50 I bet!

TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

Damn! Anyone want to buy a clean low mile 2011 FJ? Clear title in hand. I really like this 4Runner.
Pauly
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: TRD Pro Series 4Runner will be at Overland Expo! Reply with quote

That color... please something else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: