Tuesday, November 21, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: danab
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1985

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 80
Total: 80
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

I just wanted to share a few pics of what I was using all the *free* bumper parts for that I received from our fellow non-members as well as post up a proper "Thank You" to those members!

I thank Okiefj and greenhornet for taking the time to get the parts over to me! Thanks a bunch guys!!!

Anyhow, I will now post up the pics to the hidden winch build that has been an ongoing project for the past month or so. I really wanted to keep it as stock and light as possible cause that is what I like. So without further adew here are the pics:

www.azfj.org/modules/c...pic_1.jpeg

www.azfj.org/modules/c...pic_2.jpeg

www.azfj.org/modules/c...pic_3.jpeg

I know it isn't exactly hidden but I like it being behind the stock bumper and kinda sorta hidden!

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!

Last edited by B1ackSh33p on Tue May 06, 2014 10:39 am; edited 4 times in total
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hidden Hitch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

I want to leave just a few added notes on the build:

I didn't quite think it through as to where I wanted the control box and once I got started into the project I discovered that the wiring for the XRC Smittybuilt winch control box was way too short to get it to where I wanted so I had to live with it (first two pics) for a few weeks. I then got ahold of some wire and built up the extended reach to make it to the open side of the winch itself. Once that was done I could re-shape the bumper with donation bumpers from the fellas. I did still have to cut a hole for the free/engage control over the top. This was definately not as ugly as the first idea I had.

So, now that the control box is in the place I want it and I have put up the perf steel plate up I am just lacking the paint of the plate and to "shape" the grill insert to fit back into the space to look a bit more stock. I am contemplating using some hook and loop fastener to just hold in place temporarily so as to remove when I need to use the winch. Not sure but I will figure something out. Hopefully I have enough spare parts to use as needed until I am finished or someone else needs the donations of the spare parts I have left.

I hope you guys like the install!

cruiser.308
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

That looks nice. What did you use to mount it? Do you have pictures of mounting bracket?

B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

Thanks! I used the asfir hidden winch mount. Here is the link:

www.asfir4x4.com/551020

I picked it up dirt cheap and just knew it was gonna take some cutting and adjusting to get the stock bumper on it and looking as close to stock as possible.

Oh, btw, it did not come with the bash plate in the front. I have all other skids except I am still running with the stock engine skid for now till I can find one at a decent price.

greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

Looks good glad I could help.

I see that you did the small hole for the engage control. Definitely better than before.

B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

Thanks greenhornet06. It is still a slight work in progress but the final lay out is there so just need some small details to get it satisfactory.

Thanks again for the donation of parts! Could not have done it without those!

LoweBruiser
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

I end getting new cables for my XRC and relocated it into the engine compartment. The hood will shut with the cable in there but only just barely.

B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

LoweBruiser did you mount it beneath a big bumper or keep it stock with a hidden winch mount?

LoweBruiser
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

i have the ARB bull bumper, But i Installed three lights on the front so mounting it on the bumper was not an option with space.

B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

Cool! I was not wanting a big full size bumper for now but if the stock bumper gets beat up pretty bad I'm sure I will change my mind!! I have only had my rig for 6 months and have not found any truly tough trails to run as of yet but I'm sure I'll find something to test the clearances of the stock bumper soon! I hope! Hahaha!

okiefj
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hidden Winch Build-up BlackSheep Reply with quote

Looks great! Glad to donate!

Thrush Exhaust System
Loudass Stereo
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: