Monday, January 22, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 165
Total: 165
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › passes and permits?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
passes and permits?
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWO35
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: passes and permits? Reply with quote

Sorry if this seems like a silly question but im new to this. What permits for land use do i need? I assume i should start with a state trust land permit, but do i need a diferent permit for each area im in also? Is there one to cover all?
MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: passes and permits? Reply with quote

State Land permit is essential. Seems like you are in it or crossing it all the time (permit is required in either case). Otherwise, just research specific places you may want to travel, such as Bulldog Canyon out by Saguaro Lake (free permit available online) or tribal lands. Be careful of places where the BLM has issued "travel management plans" such as Table Mesa and Florence areas. These areas are only open if signed and advertised as open. Otherwise they are assumed closed.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: passes and permits? Reply with quote

Camino Del Diablo you will need Barry M Goldwater/Organ Pipe and Cabeza Prieta passes. (All in one). national parks, well, those all require entry fee.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: passes and permits? Reply with quote

MrVTX wrote:
State Land permit is essential. Seems like you are in it or crossing it all the time (permit is required in either case). Otherwise, just research specific places you may want to travel, such as Bulldog Canyon out by Saguaro Lake (free permit available online) or tribal lands. Be careful of places where the BLM has issued "travel management plans" such as Table Mesa and Florence areas. These areas are only open if signed and advertised as open. Otherwise they are assumed closed.

State land permit www.azland.gov/program...permit.htm

BLM, USFS, and other public land agencies should have or are working on a travel management plan. Roads and trails that are open for motorized use are on the maps. If the road/trail is not shown on a travel management map then that road/trail is not open. Not all are signed or marked, it is the users responsibility to know which ones are open for use, if it ain't on the map it's closed.

If you feel like reading
www.fs.fed.us/recreati...grams/ohv/

Prohibitions
It is prohibited to possess or operate a motor vehicle on NFS lands other than in accordance with designations shown on the corresponding MVUM (36 CFR 261.13). Violations of 36 CFR 261.13 are subject to a fine of up to $5,000 or imprisonment for up to 6 months or both (18 U.S.C. 3571(e)). This prohibition applies regardless of the presence or absence of signs displaying designations for motor vehicle use.

Designated roads, trails, and areas may be subject to temporary, emergency closures. Operators of motor vehicles must comply with nearby signs notifying them of these closures, which also will be posted at the corresponding District Ranger's and Forest or Grassland Supervisor's Offices. Operators of motor vehicles should call ahead regarding possible closures, as conditions may have changed since their last visit.

Only three National Forests have travel plans completed with maps; The Kaibab, Coconino, and Prescott.

Table Mesa Recreation Area & Travel Management Plans
Final Maps & Documentation
www.blm.gov/az/st/en/i...-docs.html

Middle Gila Canyons Travel Management Plan
Final Documentation & Maps
www.blm.gov/az/st/en/p...-docs.html

Wickenburg Community Trails Master Plan
www.blm.gov/az/st/en/p...rails.html

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: