Wednesday, October 18, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: DesertXplorer
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1979

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 36
Total: 38
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: deaz > Home
02: Oliver > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbeaty
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Pretty mellow semi-maintained road that starts outside of Page and wanders through to some great views of the OTHER side of Lake Powell, not the AZ side that is most easily accessible to us.

Great hiking opportunities, excellent camping. Incredible views. Took us about 4 hours round trip from Page. Couple of side-trails will take you to more interesting/difficult obstacles - in some places you have to find or create your own trail depending on what the weather has done to the official trail.

No problem for stock clearance.

Great day trip, great (primitive) camping - no lake access that we could find though. You're a few hundred feet above it at all times.

More info at these links:

www.outdoorphotographe...owell.html

www.thewave.info/Alstr...e/Map.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
desert_fj
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Hey my neck of the woods. Should of called I would of went out with you guys. The Lee's Ferry Overlook is awesome as well.
mattbeaty
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

I'm way into that. Haven't seen many posts of trails up there, but I find myself driving to Page every couple of weeks... my buddies watch TV and all I want to do is get out on the trails.

Any recommendations in that area?

WA7LDO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Nice! Thanks for posting this. It's on my bucket list.
As for the road to page, isn't it the one closed by the land slide? Is it open now?
desert_fj
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Road is still closed by Bitter Springs. You have to turn at GAP there is a paved road now that is 89T.
PM me next time you are in Page mattbeaty I can show you around to some very nice trails around Page. All of them are easy but very beautiful.
mattbeaty
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Sweet! Will do.

Incidentally, the drive on the 89T is excellent. Nice road. Even better when the cops aren't around Wink

WA7LDO
duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

I think we should set up a Saturday, sunday overnight to one of these spots! I will cruise on up from Phoenix! Do some exploring. Have not done anything up in that area! Anyone game?
Bliss
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Me me, pick me Smile. I am free except for a trip to Thailand April 15-23 (only one Saturday during that time. I love that area. You would be welcome to crash at my house the night before to make the drive shorter.

duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

We will discuss a date I hope these other northern az guys chime in since I have never been up there!
Bliss
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

sufools.......Dravur

duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Rachel, I will message you soon about this. It would be fun and may stay Friday night at your place but it depends on when I can finish my work Friday's. Hows the weather this time of year? Is April a good time to go. Maybe April we can do this either before or after your trip! It says sunset and sunrise are the best time to photo! Perfect to camp out then head back sunday!
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Im interested as well.
mattbeaty
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Update: AVOID this road in the mud. Very sketchy stuff. I've done it twice in different levels of mud, once after a week of rain/snow (really bad idea) and again after just a few hours of rain. Both were sketchy drives with minimal steering and a high probability of getting stuck.

Beautiful, though.

WA7LDO
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Alstrom Point (Page) - 2.0 Reply with quote

great stuff Matt!

do you have a .gpx or track or anything?

we are going up on Friday of this week

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: