Wednesday, December 19, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: jameswise
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2065

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 97
Total: 97
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Good Eats in Tucson
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Good Eats in Tucson
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

OK, Tucson peeps. My God-daughter is staying in Catalina for a couple days. Her husband got orders to Korea and she is trekking home while he is there. I am driving down to visit her tomorrow (Saturday) evening and want to take her to dinner. Is there any good, not overly priced, restaurants in the northern area of Tucson that we can go to? We have no specifics for type of food, just someplace that we can take a 3 year old.

Tell me what ya got.

Smile
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

Most of the really good / not overly priced stuff will be down by the UofA. Gentle Bens on university was one of the top burger joints in town. There are a ton of places along University from 4th - Park, then down 4th for Wierder fare. Enjoy.

BUT
If you want to eat some excellent GUT buster Chili Dogs - Go to PATS on Grande, just south of Speed way (It's kind of a drive in).

La Parilla Suiza on Oracle is a good (2720 N. Oracle Rd) not the best mexican, but Good.

IMHO, the bestest Mexican in Tucson is on South 4th, across from the dog track (Michas)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

i think that Pats sucks.
la parilla suiza has very good margarits
want a very expensive good dinner.. go to Sullivans
a great cheap lunch, go to el ninna (sp) down the street from the toyota dealership.
some good japanese food, hit Ikkyu
az4runner
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

gentle bens is always good, I also enjoy bob dobbs on 5th and tucson

someone please remove jimbolio's access to google.
KG7HEZ
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

Catalina has. Bubbs Grubb BBQ! Not too familiar with restaurants in that neck of the woods otherwise. If you want to drive a little, Rosas cantina is at fort Lowell and Campbell. One of my favorite Mexican food places. Ole is pretty good too. It's at orange grove and thornydale I think? Like I said, not too familiar.

Have a great time though wherever you guys go!
marlin39a
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

Can't miss with Luck Wishbone. They have a few locations in Tucson.
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

Bruce you don't have to travel 45 mins to an hour to go eat good food. There are plenty of places in Oro Valley, Catalina, and Marana.

Give me a call 520-twofive6-five6zerofive.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Abophx
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

mod_muscle wrote:
Rosas cantina is at fort Lowell and Campbell. One of my favorite Mexican food places.
Great choice and we crave the Carne Seca at El Charro.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

Angry_Tim wrote:
Bruce you don't have to travel 45 mins to an hour to go eat good food. There are plenty of places in Oro Valley, Catalina, and Marana.

Give me a call 520-twofive6-five6zerofive.

ORO VALLEY!?! ORO VALLEY?! ALLOWED IS NOT, IS PLANET FORBIDDEN!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

Abophx wrote:
mod_muscle wrote:
Rosas cantina is at fort Lowell and Campbell. One of my favorite Mexican food places.
Great choice and we crave the Carne Seca at El Charro.

El Charro has been open in Oro Valley for a few years now and yes the Carne Seca is good. The Carne Seca plate will feed three but when I get it, it only feeds one Very Happy

I no longer have to drive to downtown Tucson for Carne Seca at El Charro.

blatant
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

bobos on grant for breakfast. good ass cheese.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

You can try "It's Greek to me" in the Golden Goose Shopping Center, Bubbs Grub has the best BBQ around, The Oracle Inn has great wings, all the football games and a good selection of beer. Noble Hops in OV, (a little pricy but lots of great beer!).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

Maltajo wrote:
You can try "It's Greek to me" in the Golden Goose Shopping Center, Bubbs Grub has the best BBQ around, The Oracle Inn has great wings, all the football games and a good selection of beer. Noble Hops in OV, (a little pricy but lots of great beer!).

All good choices except Noble Hops. The food and beer may good be but the owner is a douchebag.

FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

Thanks for all the suggestions. Was there last night and we went to Texas Roadhouse in Cortero. That is what she wanted and that is what she got.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Eats in Tucson Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Was there last night and we went to Texas Roadhouse in Cortero. That is what she wanted and that is what she got.

LOL, a CHAIN! Just 3 miles further up you could have gone to Li'l abners and paid 3x as much for your steak.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: