Friday, June 23, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: KICKROCKS
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1942

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 31
Total: 31
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Thank you Kurt for being on purpose.
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Thank you Kurt for being on purpose.
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pack-smart
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

You are are a nice guy. Thank you for developing this site.

Luv ya dude, Paulie.
pack-smart
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

Kurt do you think Nimrag want to Elk hunt?
donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

Hitting the eggnog early

microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

So confused.
Yes, Kurt is a nice guy.
Kurt did not develop AZFJ.org
Probably want to ask Nimrag if he wants to hunt elk instead of asking Kurt to ask Nimrag. Kind of like a 6th grader asking a friend to ask a girl if she likes him.
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

microbe wrote:
Kind of like a 6th grader asking a friend to ask a girl if she likes him.

tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

There is no greater mystery in my life than this...

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't hunt. Just, shoot my avatar is all.

Thanks for thinking of me though Question
pack-smart
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

Kurt mentioned several times.

Please correct me. Thanks.
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

...and your wise men don't know
how it feels...
to be thick...
as a brick.

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
pack-smart
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

Nimrag:

I can not wait for your leader to respond.

Me, always fair, and of course will follow up.

Paul.
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

pack-smart wrote:
Nimrag:

Paul.

I am concerned now.....this sounds like a Science Fiction movie... Shocked Shocked
BoomStick
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
pack-smart wrote:
Nimrag:

Paul.

I am concerned now.....this sounds like a Science Fiction movie... Shocked Shocked

And Flash Gordon was there
In silver underwear
Claude Rains was The Invisible Man
Then something went wrong
For Fay Wray and King Kong
They got caught in a celluloid jam
Then at a deadly pace
It Came From Outer Space
And this is how the message ran...

Science fiction (ooh ooh ooh) double feature

Made in Japan 7-11

2011 日本製
改造プロジェクト進行中

Icon stg 2, 3" lift
Ricochet full armor
Spidertrax spacers
Safari snorkel collecting dust in garage
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

All your base are belong to us

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

Cryptic as usual.

If you're looking for AZFJ history, then here's what I can help you with:

The group started as a get together at the Scottsdale Pavillions called out by Don (Wikid). There were several other events including some group trail runs, some backyard parties and a promotional event at Earnhart Toyota that strongly featured this group, all before this web based forum started. Most of the communication was through the blue room (www.fjcruiserforums.com). Don made t-shirts. I still have mine, and I still have my Earnhart event t-shirt too.

Multiple people in the group found the relatively controlled nature of the blue room stifling, despite the fact that they eventually broke out subsections for area specific groups including ours.

I first started a web page with the URL "www.azfj.org" using the yahoo small business tools. I loaded Don's logo (the one on the top left of this page) and authored some silly gobbledygook like "we're not a club, so you're not a member" and the "welcome" passage that still resides at the top of the home page. I didn't have any time or skills to go beyond that, but fortunately Josh (Mr_R2FJ) had skills and experience with forums.

I transferred AZFJ.org to him and he set up this forum as you currently see it. He managed it for quite some time before transferring control to Mike (Tibaal89), who currently manages it.

Darn good job, Mike... we all appreciate what you do!!

In the mean time, the forum grew rapidly. Kurt, who had been an active participant from the start, got banned from the blue room. This immediately added street cred for the rest of us, because we became renegade by association. The rest of the AZFJ group rapidly tired of the blue room and moved the bulk of the activity here.

Kurt's Friday Night regular runs at Table Mesa quickly became the central tires-on-the-ground uniting force for the group, as well as the social focus around which other things like back yard parties, and restaurant get togethers were arranged. Kurt's workshop was the site for numerous "mod parties" in which we came together and did many batches of vehicle modifications per day, saving huge amounts of money for all involved. When you describe Kurt as a leader, you're absolutely correct. He's a leader by the most legitimate method - unanimous popularity, resulting from his unquestioned loyalty to every individual non-member.

Good job, Kurt!!

At one point, there was an incident in which some controversy was going back and forth between here and the major regional Jeep forum (www.virtualjeepclub.com), which all worked out great. As a spin off benefit, we gained contact with the Arizona Off Highway Vehicle Coalition (AZOHVC) and they have continued to remain in contact, on this board as a way to help raise awareness regarding issues that directly affect our access to public land. AZFJ.org became a better information source for us after that.

This group has turned into an unbelievable wealth of community for all involved. Several non-members have made entry into offroad vehicle related business ventures, doing substantial amounts of business within the group. Non-members have preferentially sought out other non-members for basic services. The sources of expertise within the group have been freely shared, and when goings have gotten tough, non-members have really stepped forward and been there for each other. I, for one, could never have gotten through my buggy build without the help of this group.

There have been numerous other big contributing events that have helped to define what's going on here. There's been collections for good causes, larger efforts such as Sedonafest, and we're the only 4-wheeler group to have put our brand on the FJ Summit banner. Our small group, totally lacking an organizational structure, is nationally known.

That's some AZFJ history from where I sit.

Does anyone have any additions?

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
WaffleStomper
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Kurt for being on purpose. Reply with quote

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: