Wednesday, May 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Tonopah
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1930

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 30
Total: 32
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: ColoradoBound > Home
02: ratfink > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › Equinsu Ocha (white devil)
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Equinsu Ocha (white devil)
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

Yeah no kidding right. I am good at doing that.

greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

After wheeling the FJ I am thinking that I am going to build a storage solution for the back. too much stuff bouncing around.

Blender
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

Overall how was the install in terms of difficulty? How did you remove axle halfshaft from the outer CV?

Truck looks neat
greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

The install was not too hard because I had great help. Once I got the correct parts anyway.

Are you referring to the hub side? If so I think glider got it out with a tap of the mallet on the axle with the nut attached. I think a puller would have been way easier. As far as the inside you just need a screw driver and a hammer tapping along the CV to pop it out. Once the clip releases you can pry it out a little more then pull all the way out.

If you are referring to disassembling of the axles and CV's I did not do that since I had Metal Tech assemble new axles. It saved about 4 hours and the price of the tool you need for that clamp that goes around the CV.

Thanks

Blender
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't know metal tech offered complete Lt CVs. Sounds like it's wise to have a pro handle that part.

Thanks.
greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

Yeah they basically take the Total Chaos longer axle and build it for a fee. Since I did not want to mess with this and did not have the tool I just paid the fee. Like you said I would rather have the pro do the work. I think it was 80 bucks per plus core charge. I would have to look at the long itemized invoice to get it correctly.

Double_A
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

I can't wait to see that suspension too. I've been looking at the same thing. I'm going to have a lot of questions for you. And I'd love to hitch a ride with you some time to see how it handles. Still disappointed I couldn't get free to help with the install.

greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

Anytime that I am free you are more than welcome to come hitch a ride. I am thinking Terminator soon.

The more the help would have been appreciated but I think you would have been a little disappointed because we had to stop the build in the middle due to the wrong parts being sent.

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

I was disapointed Mad

azfj owners are the best
greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

Laughing I know you were and I was just a little mad.

Double_A
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

I would have only been mad about driving all of the way out there. Other than that, eh.

greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

You sound like me I would have been mad about the drive to if I did the same thing.

greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

Put some new wheels on the truck these are nice because they come with rock rings
Level 8 Tracker Pros

conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

They're the ones I want for my Jeep. They look good on the FJ to!

KF7YII
greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Equinsu Ocha (white devil) Reply with quote

Thanks. The sales guy said I was the first FJ he sold them to but he has sold some to jeep owners. When I looked at them online I only saw em on Jeeps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: