Tuesday, November 21, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: danab
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1985

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 61
Total: 62
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: tibaal89 > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here)
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here)
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockfj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

Dear AZFJ members,

It’s been a bit more than 6 years now from the birth of Expeditioneers. I remember the day I picked up my brand new FJ in Tucson on May 2007 and began a rapid build preparing for the first FJ Summit that same year. As I was purchasing all sort of mods from different places, very few choices at the time, I felt that most of the companies around were lacking the inspiration and true love for overland travel, vehicle dependent expeditions and simply exploring the backcountry. As it was only a year since I moved to the States with my family from Bolivia, in South America, I had all sort of ideas of products that I have been using for years wheeling abroad that were not known or used here. That is why I decided to form LaTora19 Off-Road Accessories as an avenue to channel some of these parts and accessories. While the new venture was being organized, I was enjoying the beautiful AZ deserts wheeling with other FJ owners that met through the National FJ Cruiser forum (Blue Room) . We were a very small group at the beginning and I remember some of the regulars were 1leglance, BellyDoc, Tibaal89, Wikid , Pumbaa, Donovan, Katfish, Toddunderscore and a few others. I remember one conversation on the radio in which BellyDoc talked about the idea of forming a non-club with no rules in which we will just hang out, plan our outings, chat non-sense, tell our stories and other good stuff we usually do at campfires. That is how in a very high level AZFJ was born shortly after.

After a few months of wheeling with the AZFJ folks and having long and inspiring conversations with Lance and Todd, we all decided to spin off LaTora19 and form another company, this time with a cool name, called Expeditioneers. The idea was to create content of all sorts of media that will inspire a new generation of world travelers and adventurers on wheels.

We had great success working with all sorts of vehicle and equipment manufacturers, big and small, world known TV shows and other avenues of content production. Although we were a very tight group, each individual had obviously its own character and passion. Lance decided to focus his extra time in helping disabled people get into four wheeling. Hence he left the company and formed Disabled Explorers. I also still wanted to sell equipment, only the best one out there, so I introduced the online store and began selling equipment all over the world and also proudly serving the local AZFJ folks.

During that time, there were a lot of Mod Parties going on in which everyone help the others install their recently purchased part. We were obviously glad to help as much as we could while some sales at these parties helped our bottom line. Most of these parties were at Kurt’s warehouse where we developed a good relationship with Kurt.

All of these happened while I was also finishing my advanced degree in engineering at ASU that I finally finished in 2010. In 2009 I was given the opportunity to do an internship with Intel Corporation in Oregon where I spent amazing 6 months not only working, but exploring the Northwest with my beloved FJ. When I came back ready to finish my thesis, another opportunity showed up, this time to go to the East coast working for a big Pharmaceutical. I soon realized I couldn’t do both things well, so in 2010 we asked Kurt to run the retail side of the business. As you know him, he loves to sell stuff and had pretty good sales while he took care of it. After a little while he brought Ryan Sawyer into the mix who also loves anything that runs on an engine and can take you to no man’s land.

In 2012 Kurt decided to step aside due to personal reasons and brought Mark Seiferth in to run the retail side. Mark, another car nut and avid off roader with decades of sales experience was a perfect fit for the company’s growing business.

So basically, that is where we are today, with Todd still being the creative mastermind, Mark and Ryan running the retail side and I am still learning tons of stuff in the corporate world while adventuring as much as I can on my free time.

Our next big adventure is the Dakar rally in January 2014 and finally, a decade after an expedition into Africa in 2005, I will hopefully be able to fulfill one of my childhood dreams to explore Australia in 2015. While we prepare and save for these international expeditions, we are always doing local stuff, from the simple but rewarding things like wheeling Table Mesa with the good ol’ AZFJ, attending a run in California, attending the FJ Summit in Ouray, a dual sport Rally in Wisconsin, to exploring the Outer Banks in NC.

Thanks AZFJ for being an inspiration to us all and your continuous support over these amazing 6 years. We are very happy to be where we are today and we will never forget that a lot of our success is due to your coaching and continuous support.

The world is huge, the time is short, hop in your vehicle and go explore.

JP

VoodoChild
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

Arrow All I know JP is You and Todd hooked me up on my rear bumper ..To this day some people look and say Wow ...You got me more than I expected in a world where a normal guy with normal resources couldnt get what I wanted... I still remember we talked at Tbl mesa one night around the fire I was saying I wish and you said ..." I know a Guy " !1
The rest is History. And I still Thank you and Todd for all the hard work you put into my rig. Glad the world is treating you well. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

Cool to hear from you, JP!

I'd hop in my vehicle and explore, but I just found that my intake manifold is full of dirt. Laughing

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
PSFAN
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

I want to go to Australia
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

Thanks for the write up JP - good to hear from one of the "Godfathers"

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

JP, all the stuff you sold me is still working. Thanks!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

JP!!!

Jessa and I miss your company! Hope you and the family are doing well!!!
We wish you all the best and looking forward to hopefully sharing some crazy stories around a campfire once more.

AZFJ#4

"If I were any less of a man I would have totally just died" - tibaal89
"sometimes my brain farts even shocking to me." - SealClubber
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

Good to hear from you JP. Good luck in the Dakar.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
rockfj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

Hey guys, nice to hear from all of you and thank you very much for your kind words. Great to see you are still very involved with the AZFJ and your vehicles are still alive Laughing Keep them wheeling !

1leglance
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

Great to see a post JP, now put up some pics of those kids of yours as I know they have grown a ton!

Very cool to hear you are going to Dakar this year as it is finally going through Bolivia which should make it a very special event. That is my dream event to watch in person (watch the online content every year) so I am jealous of you my friend.

Wikid
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

Nice hearing from you JP. It was also nice spending time with you at Overland Expo. Maybe we will see you there again next year? You have turned the retail side over to a good couple of guys. Mark and Ryan run it with professionalism. I second Lance's comment about posting up pics of your growing family

I am in competition with no one
I have no desire to play the game,
of being better than anyone
I am simply trying to be better,
than the person I was yesterday
rockfj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

Very Happy Here they are troublemakers...

The three siblings after wheeling the PW after a snowstorm in Minnesota. Santi, Sophia, JP Jr

JP (9) after riding his 50cc on the track. Excuse us for the Swagger Wagon, FJ is too small for his bike Embarassed

Santi (4) at Charlotte Motor Speedway racing his 18v Power Wheel

As you can see I am teaching them early to run anything on wheels. Let's just hope they stay that way Wink

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

We still have a full set of powder coated skids in stock, ready for purchase....

Wink
MAMBA
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

Hey Mark, I still need to pik up dat cap for my snorkel, im really leaning towards a long travel set up Up front, do u have anything n dat category?

TrAiLbUs1
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: EXPEDITIONEERS '07 – present (How we got here) Reply with quote

JP glad to hear from you!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: