Friday, August 17, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Jsohne
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2046

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 101
Total: 102
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Eight08 > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › Coconino NF announces workshop to help visitors get free map
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Coconino NF announces workshop to help visitors get free map
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
My1stJeep
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Coconino NF announces workshop to help visitors get free map Reply with quote

Below is an email the AZOHVC received, please review and support. Thanks...

Hello AZOHVC Board Members and Representatives,
I currently work for the Coconino National Forest and am trying to spread the word about a workshop we are going to be having that introduces a new and improved version of our Motor Vehicle Use Map.
We are trying to get a lot of support for printing these new color/shaded maps because right now our regional and Washington offices aren’t exactly on board with us doing it—though it would be a great help to the public.
The more support we get, the better the chances are we can get this thing rolling. I am a fellow off-roader and have used the free black and white map and know how frustrating it is to navigate with it. It is a national template that was dictated to all the national forests by Washington so we had no choice other than to use it. However, our forest has decided to create a color/shaded/landmarked one that would be much more user-friendly and still free to the public.
However, we cannot move forward without ultimate approval from our regional office and Washington. So, if possible, please attend the workshop and provide feedback about the new map we are trying to introduce. The more support we get for it, the stronger of a case we have to prove to our regional and Washington offices that this needs to be done.
Below is a news release with all the specific information. Feel free to email me if you have questions.

Coconino NF announces workshop to help visitors get free maps on smartphones

Flagstaff, Ariz. – The Coconino National Forest is holding a free workshop for anyone interested in providing feedback on a new map and downloading a free, color map on to their iPhones and Android smartphones.
The workshop will be held at the Supervisor’s Office of the Coconino National Forest on Friday (Aug. 30) from 4 to 8 p.m. at 1824 S. Thompson Street in Flagstaff.
This workshop will introduce an improved version of the Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM), called MVUM Turbo, which will include color, shaded relief background, landmarks, and other improved features such as game management unit boundaries. Hunters and forest visitors are invited to attend to give feedback about this pilot program to see if the map improvements are helpful.
The original black and white MVUM is available for free at any Coconino NF ranger station and can also be downloaded for free at go.usa.gov/PEa (case sensitive). Those attending the workshop should bring the appropriate cords to attach their device to a computer.

AZOHVC 4x4 Representative www.azohvc.com
4 Bangers Rule!!!
Scrapper
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Coconino NF announces workshop to help visitors get free map Reply with quote

Got my free map from the ranger at Knoll Lake last week. Nice guy And he has his own rock buggy.
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Coconino NF announces workshop to help visitors get free map Reply with quote

Got my Coconino Travel map last Thujrsday up in Flag. Darn I don't have a smart phone…..Sounds cool though!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: