Tuesday, May 23, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Tonopah
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1930

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 41
Total: 43
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Bliss > Home
02: Jimbolio > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › 6 sp awd t case disengageing?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
6 sp awd t case disengageing?
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usmc47
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: 6 sp awd t case disengageing? Reply with quote

I posted this question n the blue room earlier and havent gotten much traction. Heres the deal when I turn hard left , so far only happened turning left lol, my t case will like pop n disengage. Like no shit ill make a u turn and the truck will stop moving, and u can hear the teeth n the t case like barely touching eachother and barely clicking or grinding. I straighten the wheel out push the truck down the road 20-50 feet n it like pops back in and I drive away like it never happened. Ive flushed and re filled my t case no metal shaving fluid was ok looking. It has only donenit turning left 4 times. Twice makin u turns on regualr surface streets once on a dirt road switch back and the last time a normal left turn. Its fn crazy and cant figure it out. Left me stranded and kinda f'd on dirt road today. Im leaning twords aligment or to much degree of steering. I have camburg long travel rcv axles and all pro tie rods. Any ideas ?

Wikid
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 6 sp awd t case disengageing? Reply with quote

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with you center differential . You load up the gears when turning hard. In the case of an a/t you would eventually break stuff . If your center dif is binding, it would be putting some strain on the parts down the line. This is just a guess .
The A/P steering links are something I had, but got rid of. There were things I did not like about them
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 6 sp awd t case disengageing? Reply with quote

Maybe something to do with shift linkage?

azfj owners are the best
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 6 sp awd t case disengageing? Reply with quote

The transfer case should be completely ignorant of any changes you've made out beyond the front diff. Does the VF4B transfer case even have a "neutral" position?

This may be a transmission problem. I remember an ongoing series of reports of something similar one guy was going through on the blue board some time ago.

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
okiefj
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 6 sp awd t case disengageing? Reply with quote

I would take it to the dealership

Thrush Exhaust System
Loudass Stereo
usmc47
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 6 sp awd t case disengageing? Reply with quote

I thinks its the center diff myself, and yes the manual trans t case does have a neutral position. And I dont think its tranny related because if I shift the t case into neutral all the grinding goes away. The only reason I think it could be somthing to do up front Is because it never happened until the ap tie rods. I wonder if the steering degree has been altered or increased and when I turn its maxing out the center diff and causing it to bind up and "stick " open. ....?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: