Thursday, July 19, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: KScruiser
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2034

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 130
Total: 130
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
My1stJeep
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

Good afternoon all, I am still waiting for some details, but want to get this out to you all now, I was waiting for the rest of the information about meeting spot and time, but I am still waiting and want this on calendars now before Friday comes and it is too late.

This Saturday 7/13 the BLM is going to meet us to do a review of the damage done on Woodpecker and work through some plan ideas. If I am understanding it correctly we will have input on why the resources are important, what about the trails makes them uniques and needs to be preserved and what we can do to restore it.

If anyone can send me pictures on how the trail looked prior in the areas damaged, if we have pictures of the other obstacles on the trail that would be helpful too.

I know many have had issues with the Tucson BLM and certain individuals. This on site meeting is NOT the place to air out those disputes, this is to be a positive work meeting and hopes to determine a way to keep this type of destruction from happening again. Anyone making personal attacks will be asked to leave the work group. Anyone with any questions in regards to this please IM me or call me, my cell phone is 623-340-0885.

Date: 07/13/2013
Time: 8:45am

I would also like to keep a tally on who will be attending so please let me know and I will update this post as well. A full list of everyone from all clubs will be posted here: www.virtualjeepclub.co...post849916

Attendees:
Chris - My1stJeep / VJC
Allen - Allen / VJC
Rick - Woody / Rock Rats / VJC
Name - Metalman / VJC
Name - Okiefj / AZFJ
Jim M - Chigoe / AZFJ
Nate - LoPhat / VJC
John - Kraker / W4R
Rob - NeedXJ / AZ Cherokee Club
Dan - Tuffnuttz / NAXJA

AZOHVC 4x4 Representative www.azohvc.com
4 Bangers Rule!!!

Last edited by My1stJeep on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
okiefj
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

What sort of damage has occurred? Just curious.

Thrush Exhaust System
Loudass Stereo
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

okiefj wrote:
What sort of damage has occurred? Just curious.

This

www.azfj.org/index.php...woodpecker

Last edited by Homedad on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue10
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

I gotta feeling I'm interested in coming out.

“The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools.”

KF7WSA
My1stJeep
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

In a nut shell, a miner wanted access to his claim, asked for an exploratory permit and used it to pave a road on the trail.

Any and all folks are welcome, the larger showing we make and the more ideas and input we have the better the entire OHV community will be represented.

There are a lot of good folks on this board with great ideas so I think it would be very helpful for everyone if the AZFJ has representation there.

As soon as I have the exact meeting spot and time I will post it.

4 Bangers Rule!!!
okiefj
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

So you want people to show up to something that has already been plowed, I don't see where anyone's opinion matters after the fact. And I'm not trying to be any way, just saying! It would seem that whoever has rights to the land, gets to make the decision, as we see the gentleman made a road! AMERICA!!!

Thrush Exhaust System
Loudass Stereo
My1stJeep
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

Only a portion of it has been plowed, the BLM wants to see what we can do to restore it to trail worthiness, discuss alternatives and ways to keep this from happening again.

At the time I heard about it I contacted all the parties and land management so they could put a stop to the destruction, which they did and now is what can we do to make it right. At least that is what is being said. It is an opportunity to see if they are going to do and what they are going to do.

I am not 100% sure what to expect, this is a new type of meeting covering new ground, I don't want any user type not to be included, there are many ideas out there, we may come back from this eleated and have a restoraton plan in order, we may come back shaking our heads it was a waste of time, but all I can do is reach out in hopes of benefitting OHV.

4 Bangers Rule!!!
okiefj
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

Thanks for standing up, I'm in the west valley area and I'm not sure if I will be able to go there, but if I can,I will. Just keep this thread updated with time/date and most importantly, location. In which you plan to have the beverages and cookies!

Thrush Exhaust System
Loudass Stereo
Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

Wish I could make it. But I'm headed out of town on Friday. It's great to see that BLM noticed there are bigger threats to the environment then OHV users.

BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

Ironically, I met someone who appears to be one of several guys on that claim. He runs a business that does travertine tile work, and he did a surfacing and sealing on my new house. He and his crew were checking out my buggy and he up and volunteered the info about the mine. It was interesting to hear things from his perspective. He seems like a decent guy. He's not out to go against anyone's trails. He reported that he was forced to use this route without other options.

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

I am supposed to go out with my sister on that day for our birthdays. I might be there. Post the location information and if I can make it I will.

BellyDoc wrote:
He reported that he was forced to use this route without other options.

This is interesting, did he mention who was forcing him to use that trail? Just curious if it was his boss and/or partner, or if it was BLM.
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

To call my info second hand would be to over-rate it's reliability but the story I got was that BLM dictated access.

glideraz wrote:
My1stJeep
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

Bellydoc, thanks for that nugget of information, I actually have been suspecting that all along. I am very interested to see how this turns out, it is new ground and a new time so I am really not sure what to expect.

4 Bangers Rule!!!
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

I bet if we invited the guy out for a run up that canyon in a rock crawler, he'd love it.

glideraz wrote:
My1stJeep
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Upper Woodpecker OHV users Needed for on site meeting Reply with quote

It would not bother me if he was at the meeting, I don't think he was maliciously doing this by any means, I only wanted to save our trail.

I still believe he needs access to his claim, but just can't be at the cost of losing a trail. I am by no means angry with him.

4 Bangers Rule!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: