Tuesday, November 21, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: danab
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1985

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 68
Total: 70
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Jimbolio > Forums
02: tibaal89 > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department:
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department:
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Good to hear!

AZFJ#4

"If I were any less of a man I would have totally just died" - tibaal89
"sometimes my brain farts even shocking to me." - SealClubber
FJ4JESSA
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

FJJUNKY wrote:
I took My Fj to Jay and WOW what a guy. They did an allignment and even installed my brake lines. They are quick and everything turned out perfect. I will never use anyone else period and if you need service it's worth the drive to Jay McHone. He is GREAT !!!!!!!!

He is a SUPER GREAT GUY!! Nice all around....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
eddie
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I've given up on Big Two and won't return. I bought my FJ there and was very happy with there service when purchasing the vehicle. As part of the deal I purchased the OEM rails and bling plate. Although after I signed the paper purchasing the truck it was like pulling teeth trying to get someone to call me back. I've brought my truck in twice and have found on average I have to leave 6 messages and ask to talk to a manager before I get a call back. In the future I'll take my buisness to Earnharts...
greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I have to give it up to Earnhardt Toyota today. I don't really like having the dealer do work for me but decided to get the 60K mile service done there. They suggested a couple of extra service work which I knew was going to happen. The extra service was pretty valid so I said sure why not. One of the extra service was to flush out the power steering fluid. I got this all done towards the beginning of Nov. Over the weekend I noticed a very slow leak of what appeared to be power steering fluid. So I called them up and they said bring it in no charge and we will take a look at it. So I took it in and they called me back saying that it was my water pump. I was a little confused because I know I saw the color of what appeared to be power steering fluid. He told me that the coolant color was changed to a pink fluid (anyone else ever see pink coolant? ) So then he quotes me a pretty outrageous price. I respectfully declined and said that I will order a water pump and do it myself. He then asked if I had an extended warranty which I did but it was expired by 7000 miles. He told me that he would call me back. When he called he said that he talked to his service director and that person talked with the warranty person and they said they would honor the warranty. All I had to pay was the $100 deductible. I was really surprised that they honored the warranty with it being over 7000 miles. I just wish they weren't so damn far away otherwise I would take it there more often.

The service guy's name is Chuck

Sorry for the long story thought it was a really good experience with a service department.

blue10
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I've been dealing very happily with Richard Bergstrom at Earnhardt Toyota for a year now. He's been very good and understands about off-roading and doesn't believe it automatically causes any and all wear to the truck. He's now replaced pulleys under warranty for me twice. And a few weeks ago, there was no hesitation at warrantying the alternator.

He's willing to work outside the box as well on matters of poor design like the pulleys, but I'm not comfortable saying publicly what he offered to try to get approved next time they go bad.

Bottom line, awesome service from Richard at Earnhardts!

“The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools.”

KF7WSA

Last edited by blue10 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Sounds like good connects

195,162 FINAL MILES. DOA AFTER ROLLOVER.
NEXT CHAPTER...232,000 miles
blatant
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

anything new lately.

i need to have a 60k or 70k or whatever it's called.
progolfer_20
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I had my rear drive shaft replaced, told them that there was a pop when ever i stopped. They swapped out for the new one with no issues, some dealers will try to duplicate the complaint before replacement but Earnhardts just did it. I also have done oil changes at Earnhardts, they do a great job.

tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I bought my FJ at another dealer, but Earnhardt's is the closest to me and that's where I've taken it for everything since purchase. I even bought my extended warranty there.

Their service department has been fantastic. The last guy I've dealt with there was Matt Vlasic and he was great.

I ordered sliders online through their parts guy Ralph Berdine, he gave me a good price, and even wheeled 'em out to the FJ for me since I was doing my own install.
RabidSniper
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I've always taken my other toyotas (tacoma and prius) to BigTwo, mostly because theyre closer.. but also because its a pretty chill environment to do some work while theyre doing theirs.

However, im not sure now that Im an FJ owner if theyre the best place for service.. especially reading some of these reports.
rossaz
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Big Two just fucked me by not properly tightening the lugs on my drivers side front wheel. I had to have it towed home tonight and after much ado we got the wheel off and the studs replaced 3 were broken. 1 was stripped and the stud pushed out. This also happened at Riverview right after I bought the truck on the other side. I will never use Toyota service again as they hire fucking chimpanzees as techs and don't give a fuck when they break your truck due to their negligence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: