Tuesday, November 21, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: danab
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1985

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 61
Total: 61
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department:
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department:
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

rockfj wrote:
My service adviser is Billy Sparks, why anything wrong with him?

I didn't get to use him... Im sticking with Jay McHone at Earnhardts Toyota at Superstition. He will have my business from now on...

AZFJ#4

"If I were any less of a man I would have totally just died" - tibaal89
"sometimes my brain farts even shocking to me." - SealClubber
Remcon
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I've only been to Larry Miller Toyota once since I've had my FJ. All I had done was the 5k "checkup".

Anyone have any experience with them?

And now with 3" OME lift!
azfjcrusin
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I've had good service with Camelback Toyota. Honestly, I think no matter where you go you'll get good and bad service writers. Some are morons and theives and others work on repeat business and actually try to help the customers.
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Remcon wrote:
I've only been to Larry Miller Toyota once since I've had my FJ. All I had done was the 5k "checkup".

Anyone have any experience with them?
The only guy to use at Larry Miller for service is Scott H. All the other schmoes there can take a hike. He is a Toyota Master Mechanic and knows his stuff. Tell him Doug with the black FJ and white Sequoia sent you.
AZFJGUY
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I had an aligment problem and my zero calibration senor was off and making the VSC and Traction control lights go on after driving a few miles after start up. I MADE THE MISTAKE of calling Right Toyota where i bought my vehicle AKA "WRONG TOYOTA" and they quoted me 89 bucks for an alignment and 110.00 for recalibrating the zero claibration sensor.

Then I called Jay McHone after seeing his name here and got the real story. He told me unless the lights are flashing, drive the truck for 3 to 4 days and it should reclaibrate itslef. "If not bring it in and that will be covered under warranty" How do two dealerships in the same town have different stories and 195.00 difference in quoted repair costs? hmmmmm

Needless to say I will be driving the extra 30 to 40 miles to have my truck serviced by Jay from now on.

Thanks for the info AZFJ Community Smile

Thank God for AZFJ forums great info or i'd be out 200 bucks. Smile)))))))))
SpeshulEd
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Right Toyota hooked me up with a tire when I had one go out after 5,000 miles. They gave me the run around first, but finally made right. Because of that, I felt the need to be return customer. I don't feel that anymore.

$70 for an oil change. What?

I said t'hell with them after they wanted to charge me over $300 in labor to install an ac hose.
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Jay McHone has helped several people of your non group group, he does a great job, just ask Lance!

AZFJ#4

AZFJGUY
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Well,

I'm happy to report Jay was right. My lights went off this afternoon on my way back from some errands. He saved me time, money and aggravation. I wont be going anywhere else for my service from now on.

I might ad I think a letter to Toyota, copy the dealership, service manager and service writer at Right might just get the point across that service over the long run provides more profit then a quick sale.

Thanks again for the great tip. Now I can wheel this weekend whoo hoooooo! Smile)))))
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I wrote a letter to Toyota regarding the issue that started this post. They wrote me back, apologizing for the inconvenience and that they would contact the service managers. Don't know if that ever happened but hey it made me feel better... Smile

AZFJ#4

Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Had my truck in the shop to get some maintainance work done, had some snafu while at the dealer but Jay took care of me again and made sure I was satisfied before leaving the dealership.

No doubt that Jay will have my business as long as he is at Toyota!

AZFJ#4

shen
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Wanted to give another recommendation for Jay McHone at Earnhardts. Had my truck towed to him after having a wheel bearing go out in Payson. Jay took care of everything, no issues with modifications to the vehicle, and even made sure Toyota covered the tow under warranty. Very helpful and friendly guy, I just wish he worked at a dealer which was closer to my house.

Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I'm glad that Jay was able to help you out!

AZFJ#4

FJ4JESSA
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Jay ROCKS!! We did have a little ickyness happen last time but he made it better, thats all that matters!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
FJJUNKY
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

We should work a deal with them for all AZFJ's. We will bring all the FJ to them and they will get plenty of work and we will rate them high.

FJJUNKY
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I took My Fj to Jay and WOW what a guy. They did an allignment and even installed my brake lines. They are quick and everything turned out perfect. I will never use anyone else period and if you need service it's worth the drive to Jay McHone. He is GREAT !!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: