Sunday, November 19, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: geibral
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1984

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 74
Total: 74
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department:
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department:
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

This is regarding the service department at:

Big Two Toyota
1250 S. Gilbert Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85286

And

Earnhardts Toyota
6136 E. Auto Loop Ave.
Mesa, AZ 85206

I recommend Earnhardts Toyota Service Department and I highly recommend Jay McHone, if you ever need to take your truck in, take my word, he is your man!

LONG story short, my idler bearings broke because of water/mud damage and I took the truck into Big Two because it was the most convenient dealer to go to. After hours of waiting, I was informed that the part could not be covered under warranty and that I would have to pay for everything. Even after trying to reason with them, explaining that this is very common and having a argument as to what an FJ can and cannot do, the service director told me, and I quote "This is your first time to Big Two, so your not a loyal customer to us and I can't justify sticking my neck out for you on this issue". Then when I asked for my truck back they hit me with a $50 'Diagnostics Fee'. I asked to get the part number of the bad part since I'm paying for the diagnostics but there where unable to do so.

Frustrated beyond believe, and armed with some good advice from Kurt (Homedad, THANK YOU) I went to Earnhardts where I bought the truck in the first place. I ended up with Jay McHone and after having a honest conversation, letting him know what happened with the truck and at Big Two, he could only promise me that he will not charge me a diagnostics fee however he could not guarantee anything else. Two hours later he gave me the good news, they would warranty the part and would replace it for free however, to avoid further damage to the truck they would put me in a rental (for free) until the part arrived and the truck was done. On top of that they had inspected the truck from top to bottom and gave me a full report on how Pumbaa was doing. He had some recommendations but noting that was necessary. Needless to say, I was so happy that I had no problems spending some money with him.

I did contact Toyota to report the bad service at Big Two, I do not recommend to take your truck to that dealer however if you have to, talk to Gabe Flores, he owns an FJ and was trying to help me but his manager did not want to hear of it.

AZFJ#4

"If I were any less of a man I would have totally just died" - tibaal89
"sometimes my brain farts even shocking to me." - SealClubber
Mr_R2FJ
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Washing it before you took it in, might have helped your case. Wink I'm glad you found a dealer that would take care of you though! We all know that's a common problem and I can't believe he said he wouldn't help you because you didn't buy it there. You should of recorded that and sent it to toyota.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Photo Gallery
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Mr_R2FJ wrote:
Washing it before you took it in, might have helped your case. Wink I'm glad you found a dealer that would take care of you though! We all know that's a common problem and I can't believe he said he wouldn't help you because you didn't buy it there. You should of recorded that and sent it to toyota.

Tell me about it... actually, Pumbaa got 3 pressure washes, 1 interior clean, 2 actual car washes and 1 major engine detail that cost me an arm and a leg before we took him in...

AZFJ#4

Mr_R2FJ
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

ahh, lol, good call =)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Photo Gallery
Miss_Artoo
Trail Leader
Trail Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Wow Dan! That's crazy...and welcome back!!

Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I went into Earnhardts to get the pulleys replaced with the truck COMPLETELY WASTED in mud... no problems.

Don't know anything about that other dealership, but Earnhardts has always been good. Not only that, but also remember the Earnhardts Invasion thing we did with them and Copper State Cruisers in Box Canyon... very cool.

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
FishnAround
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Pumbaa @ Big Two was the service writer Billy Sparks?
CactusCruzer
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Big Two wants you to feel like you have a Lexus and the spend to go with it. We have not been happy with their service department after several failed attempts. It takes forever to get your vehicle in there for service, even if you call ahead or use there web reservations system. The service agents spend WAY TOO MUCH time talking to you and walking you through their new facility pointing out the coffee bar, etc.

Funny story about Earnharts at Superstition Springs - I went there to just look at the new brick and sandstorm FJs last August and had no intention of buying anything from them. I had a bad experience with Earnhart Jeep in Tempe years ago and figured that the Toyota group would be the same, making it a safe spot to browse and ask questions but not have to worry about walking away from a deal when you weren't ready. However, I found the people at Earnharts to be fantastic, so much so I completely lost all control and bought my FJ that night. It was just a matter of time. I've used there service department twice now and had zero issues.

rockfj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Hey Dan, sorry to hear that about Big Two, I think I recommended them to you, didn't I?? Embarassed ; I have to point out that in my case the service was fantastic even though I bought my truck in Tucson. They changed me the battery no questions asked and last time Enrique, the alignment guy took about three hours to align my FJ and bring it back to spec which I thought it will jack up the price from the "coupon" special of 74.99. They didn't charge me anything extra and I always get free haircuts with Laura when I go change my oil which at the end costs me the same as doing it myself.(because of the haircut) After all the modifications I have done to the suspension to test some new ideas in Baja, the truck was way out of spec in every way possible.

I change my oil on my Dodge and Subaru, but since I beat the hell out of my FJ I think it is important to have that dealer relationship that will come in handy when you bring it in for major repairs. I hope the service I get stays the same when I bring it for major repairs. I may take it sometimes to Earnhardt to also build a relationship with them in case Plan A fails. Wink

Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

FishnAround wrote:

Nope, Edie Emery (who has no clue about FJCs) Gabe Flores was the guy who tried to help but got shot down by the director, Joe McThrall, who I had that nice little talk with.

JP,
I knew that you had good luck with Big Two, was that the dealer who replaced your transfercase?

AZFJ#4

Wikid
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I have to give a plug to Power Toyota. Afterall they did give some sponsorship to the Summit trip last year. Including sending trail parts with.
They are very good to deal with along with a good guy discount for the AZFJ's
They will be sending trail parts for this years summit as well. I have never had a service problem there.
I have taken my truck there for pullies and cracked fender aprons. They will be fixing my aprons when toyota developes a true fix for the issue.

Anyone looking for a new car can contact Sam Harris at Power
He is a sales manager and will take care of you. Tell him you are with the AZFJ's and Don sent you
www.powertoyotatempe.c...ction=home
Thanks
Don
BlueMeanie
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I have to second the props to Power Toyota. Not only for the Smokin deal they gave me on my 07 4x4 VooDoo Blue. The service dept has been great. Last oil change they filled it with gas, Tranny issue fixed in 6hrs. that's hard to beat.
rockfj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Pumbaa wrote:
FishnAround wrote:

Nope, Edie Emery (who has no clue about FJCs) Gabe Flores was the guy who tried to help but got shot down by the director, Joe McThrall, who I had that nice little talk with.

JP,
I knew that you had good luck with Big Two, was that the dealer who replaced your transfercase?

Oh wow, yes I forgot already they replaced my transfer case with 6K miles! My service adviser is Billy Sparks, why anything wrong with him?

FishnAround
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

Billy gets a little flaky, but he always gives me a great deal. One time I went in there he told me 3 hrs., 45 minutes later I was out the door... I think having tattoo's might have helped that... don't know... but Billy is loaded with them...
blatant
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Big Two vs. Earnhardts Toyota Service Department: Reply with quote

I bought my non fj at power, prices were right on w/ a bit of showing them I was an informed buyer.

Service has always been good when needed but the truck has been pretty good considering the abuse I put it through.

Most recently my passenger visor completely broke and deteriorated, the hinge worked but the visor became torn, floppy and just busted up. I showed up, no appointment and they took a look and ordered it. Two days later they call, it's in. Now i don't want to loose the truck for an hr for 2 bolts, but since it's warranty I figure i'm going to.

So I ask, can you just throw me the visor and i'll do it. They say sure, no problem. Just pull off the old one for us. I thought that was kinda cool. The serv advisor was Bill Potter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: