Sunday, January 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 89
Total: 89
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rovnrev
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

anyone that can't make Sunday, i am in the same pickle but i will definitely be going up there Saturday afternoon. i can meet anyone interested in going as a group at the Tanque Verde Circle K around 3:00 to 3:15pm.

if you havent joined the email list please do. email from today

Quote:

Volunteers Needed
FRP is committed to assist the Forest Service in developing an Area Management Plan for the Redington Pass area. A primary step in developing this plan is to understand who is using the area and how it is being utilized. In order to compile this information, the Forest Service has asked FRP to monitor the activity in the Pass on a regular basis. The information will be acquired by observation only, noting conditions and the number of vehicles and people present at different stops along the Pass, in a format provided by the Forest Service. FRP is seeking volunteers to help with this monitoring during the weekends of April and May. Depending upon the number of volunteers, it will only require a commitment of one or two trips a month. A trip should take about two hours to complete, driving up to the Arizona Trail (approximately 11 miles each way) and back while staying on Redington Road. If you are interested, please contact Herb Trossman herbtrossman @ gmail.com.
deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

Sorry Jimbolio, had stuff come up that I need to help some friends with, I'm out. Represent us well.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

I wonder if they will monitor our COPDOC run.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
rovnrev
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

I went up there yesterday afternoon, there were a couple Jeeps, sidebysides, and hikers milling around. FRP had some handouts mostly on shooting. They have scribbled on a map where they propose putting in a new shooting range. Its just east the Chiva turn at the corrals.

The OHV ambassadors where out there. These are the guys we need to have a strong relationship with. They said they need a group of about 15 volunteers to sign up and they will start a new volunteer class in the Tucson area.

Also, the most eastern old shooting pit, someone ripped the fence down so me and Jeep put it back up on our way out.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

Well done - heading out now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

38 Jeeps, 1 Dodge Pickup, 1 Xterra, and 1 lone FJ. (the Precious). The Friends of Reddington Pass were up there and didn't throw the closure word around much, but they did have a map that outlined all the trails, including a 150 yd buffer around each. I looked at the map and determined the following
    Alamo Springs - OK
    Chiva Falls- OK
    Chiva Upper Loop- OK
    Three Feathers - OK
    Middle Way to Chiva - OK
    Italian Trap - OK
    Wash to Rocky area - not on the map (So probably not OK)
    Chimney Rock - OK - but they were talking about a Reroute around the horse pasture - Which would be OK if it is more knarly than it is now, but you can get a high clearance 4x2 all the way to chimney rock now, and it would be nice to preserve that.
All of the green arrows pointed to what they called 'illegal spur trails' that they want to 'close'. All of the marked FS roads are on the plan as 4x4 access.

Their stated mission is to meet the needs of all stakeholders up there (Hikers , bikers, shooters, campers and wheelers. )

They showed me the spot where they are thinking of putting the public shooting range, which will have a 500 yd rifle area. (Nice). The proposed location is on the N side of the road just past the Three Feathers parking area. It would be a great spot for it.

I'll have some pics up soon.

BLM, USFS were not there this morning, I guess they were only there yesterday.

I signed us in as the AZFJ.org representative. No jeeps were harmed in the posting of this information. And none had to be pulled out. Wink

rovnrev
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

were the OHV Ambassadors out there with their trailer?
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

Cool Jim! Thanks for representin'!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

rovnrev wrote:
No, there were two guys in brown shirts. (If they are OHV ambassadors, they didn't have any identifying markings).

But, they are asking for 'adopt a road' type events.
Any interest from AZFJ?

rovnrev
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
rovnrev wrote:
No, there were two guys in brown shirts. (If they are OHV ambassadors, they didn't have any identifying markings).

But, they are asking for 'adopt a road' type events.
Any interest from AZFJ?

i'd be interested in an adopt a trail type program and doing regular cleanups and trail maintenance.

i really think the Ambassadors are the program to sign up with.

azstateparks.com/OHV/a...adors.html

they are accepting volunteer applications and when they get a group of about 15, they will start training classes down here. right now, there is just one game and fish officer responsible for the entire area. they talked alot about coming out and doing small things like trash pickups and repair fencing in the area, but this program does everything from monitoring trails, trail repairs, to advocating against potential threats to the sport. volunteers also get ride along opportunities with game and fish.

my concerns about FRP, they can kill us through environmental impact studies. especially when it comes time to put in a new range. there is a big cattle tank on the north side of the road around the proposed sight, and dropping lead right on top of an active aquifer would close all shooting and after impact studies come out, they most likely close trails and close ohv activities.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally*** UPD Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
COME ON TUCSONANS - This is OUR chance to stand up for our sport. Do you want this to become Tucson's White tanks? NO, Come Sunday morning.
There are at least 3 x 3.0+ Trails that are in Reddington Pass:
    Chiva Falls
    Alamo Springs
    Chimney Rock
DON'T LOSE THEM

Jimbolio = IN
I heard a Rumor DEAZ = IN

Who Else?

Sorry I missed out on this Jimbo. How did it go? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Sorry. I didn't see that there was a Page 2. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Now I know the story! Catch up to you soon!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
AZstateParksOHV
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

rovnrev wrote:
They were out on Saturday, but were not able to attend on Sunday.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

It was a nice event Jeff. Allayed a lot of concerns on the part of the clubs that were out there.

AZstateParksOHV
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
It was a nice event Jeff. Allayed a lot of concerns on the part of the clubs that were out there.
Nice to hear. Following up on a previous conversation we had...

I was just down in Tucson on Tuesday meeting with one of the local dirt bike clubs. They too have concerns about possible closures around Redington. I would love it if some of the guys on this board would tour the 4405 loop and surrounding areas sometime in the near future. I am available the weekend of April 20-21 and am willing to camp out in order to see more. The only problem is...you'd have to hang out with a guy driving a Taco Smile Call or email me to set it up.

Thanks,
Jeff Prince
OHV Program Coordinator
Arizona State Parks
jprince @ azstateparks.gov
602-542-6940
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

Where is this 4405 loop? Jim...you gonna set something up? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: