Sunday, January 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 109
Total: 109
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

A cleanup of trashed-out shooting sites has been completed in Redington Pass east of Tucson - and events at the pass next weekend will highlight the many recreation opportunities there.

Meanwhile, a group called the Friends of Redington Pass has been formed to help restore and protect the scenic area.

Cleanup crews removed 75 cubic yards - three large dump truck loads - of shooting debris from three dispersed shooting sites along Redington Road, said Heidi Schewel, spokeswoman for the U.S. Forest Service.

"The sites remain temporarily closed" to recreational shooting, Schewel said. "The cleanup has been completed, and we are awaiting results from a risk assessment, which will guide our future actions."

MEET ON THE PASS

The public in invited to "information-sharing events" Saturday and Sunday at a new information kiosk near Milepost 4 at the pass.

Schewel said representatives of the Forest Service, Arizona Game and Fish Department, and Friends of Redington Pass will be on hand to discuss recreation options and development of a management plan for the area.

The area has been popular with recreational shooters, and a proposed managed shooting range in the area is under consideration.

Schewel said the management plan will recognize many other uses beyond shooting - including hiking, hunting, biking, bird-watching, off-highway-vehicle use and nature study.

FRIENDS GROUP GOALS

Kirk Emerson, president of the Friends of Redington Pass, said the group has come together over the past two years and now has about 50 members.

Members include hikers, bikers, hunters, recreational shooters, horseback riders and others, Emerson said.

She said the group's goals are "to improve conditions in Redington Pass, restore its scenic qualities, protect its natural features, and assure a safe and clean environment for all recreational users."

The group, Emerson said, works in a "collaborative effort" with government agencies.

"We have a formal partnership between our group and the Forest Service," she said.

if you go

• What: Free public information event on Redington Pass, east of Tucson. Government agency representatives and others will discuss recreation and cleanup work in the area.

• When: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. to noon Sunday. Guided bird-watching walks will begin at 8:30 each morning.

• Where: Events will be at a new information kiosk on the pass. It's near Milepost 4 on Redington Road, about a half mile east of the Lower Tanque Verde Canyon Trailhead. From Tucson, drive east on Tanque Verde Road, which becomes Redington Road as it climbs toward the pass.

Last edited by Jimbolio on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

Is this an April fools joke?....

Wink
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

Seriously though...I wonder if the friends of reddington pass support the off highway vehicle use of the area?
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

Yeah, they like us so much they classify us as "and Others"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

mod_muscle wrote:
Seriously though...I wonder if the friends of reddington pass support the off highway vehicle use of the area?

My guess is no. If I get my dirtbike fixed up I may show up on it to see what their feelings are about offroad motorcycles.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

Well, maybe we should infiltrate the ranks to ensure our interests are represented! Smile
rovnrev
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

shoot i'm working till 3pm each day. i'm still going to try and make it around 3:30 then grab an earl dinner at Taco Tote on Wilmot.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

rovnrev wrote:
shoot i'm working till 3pm each day. i'm still going to try and make it around 3:30 then grab an earl dinner at Taco Tote on Wilmot.

You should go in your VW bus... You'd have an invisibility cloak to those folks.

AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Yeah, they like us so much they classify us as "and Others"

Just let them know you're a hike'n, bike'n, shoot'n type of Others.

rovnrev
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
rovnrev wrote:

You should go in your VW bus... You'd have an invisibility cloak to those folks.

good call! i may actually do that, ive been meaning to drive her up that way or do the backside of mt lemmon.
rovnrev
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

www.jkowners.com/forum...5&posted=1

it looks like Wheelingarziona, JK owners, Pirate4x4, Tucson offroad, and Tacomaworld guys are meeting at Circle K on sunday at 7:30am
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

CROSS POST from www.jkowners.com/

Emergency meeting to support our 4wheeling rights
Sunday, April 7th we are asking everyone who uses the Redington Pass area for 4 wheeling and other activities to join us at 7:30am to attend a meet and greet sponsored by the "Friends of Redington Pass".

These fine folks have every intention of getting our favorite wheeling areas closed down so that we can't use them anymore. They have been successful with assisting in getting the shooting ranges closed (not that that was a bad thing) and are now hot on our trails.

If we can band together and make a showing, proving that we won't lay down and allow them to lobby against us it may help to provide us a position that they can't refuse to support, or at least understand that they won't be able to unilaterally ban us from our own public lands which ironically we probably take better care of than they themselves do.

So, this Sunday we will meet at Circle K on Tanque Verde at 7:30am and leave at 7:45am to caravan to the meeting and see what these guys have to say. There's power in numbers so if we outnumber the hikers and nudists then perhaps they will see that we are going to be enjoying the area right along with them.

I don't know if it's possible to get around 100 4x vehicles out there or not but if it is then lets do it!!! I need all the support I can get on this and my time is very limited lately so I'm reaching out to you guys on this one to in turn reach out to everyone you know too. Thanks guys. Make no mistake, these psycho's are serious in their mission....................

Last edited by Jimbolio on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/05/13) Reply with quote

rovnrev wrote:
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1484375&posted=1

it looks like Wheelingarziona, JK owners, Pirate4x4, Tucson offroad, and Tacomaworld guys are meeting at Circle K on sunday at 7:30am

Tell them to include AZFJ.org in their posting.

I THINK WE TUCSONIAN FJ'rs should rally up and participate!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally*** UPD Reply with quote

COME ON TUCSONANS - This is OUR chance to stand up for our sport. Do you want this to become Tucson's White tanks? NO, Come Sunday morning.
There are at least 3 x 3.0+ Trails that are in Reddington Pass:
    Chiva Falls
    Alamo Springs
    Chimney Rock
DON'T LOSE THEM

Jimbolio = IN
I heard a Rumor DEAZ = IN

Who Else?

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddington Pass Public Meeting (04/07/13) **4x4 Rally** UPDT Reply with quote

Dangit!!! If it weren't for drill weekend I would be there with you guys!! I'll ask if I ca be excused for community service or something!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: