Friday, May 26, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: LifestyleOverland
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1932

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 48
Total: 48
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › HVAC TECH
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
HVAC TECH
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Well, either my case fell through every possible crack, or I angered Nestor at some time in the past. Or both. Don't really care at this point though.

I contacted Nestor on Wednesday to see about an ac checkup, expecting that some refrigerant would also need to be added. Shot over pics of the system so he'd know what to expect, etc.

Unlike the first post in this thread, the concept of same day or even next day weren't even considered. Fine, it's summer, shit gets busy. I'm told Friday.

Friday afternoon rolls around and there's been no contact. I send a followup text. No excuses, just asking to reschedule for Saturday. Sure, why not.

No time is ever even suggested. 8:43 am rolls around on Saturday (I'm sound asleep) and there's a text message asking about being available in one hour. By the time im awake and reading this, there's another text sent 20 minutes later wanting to push back to Monday.

Last chance, I explain the times I'm available (after work) and hear zero response.

Sorry, you had all the chances in the world. I won't beg someone to take my money, regardless of the glowing reviews in this thread, from many people who's opinions I value greatly (and those opinions were the only reason I let it go that far.)

Luckily there are others here on AZFJ who I trust explicitly and are taking care of business.

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
Thunderklees
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

I called Nestor last week. My fan was turning on but the compressor wasn't. Nestor showed within a few hours as promised. He checked it out and had it running in a few minutes. It was a switch that needed cleaned out. I was very happy he showed up on time and fixed it for an excellent price. Will definitely call him again. Thanks.
MAMBA
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Was My Pleasure Danny, glad it was something simple, bit tricky but simple at the end of the day

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Over a year since any action in this thread. Well I'll give it a bump.

Bought a house that I like, but I don't like the AC unit being loud and right outside my bedroom. It's probably 15+ years old and seems to work well enough for now but I need to deal with the noise issue. I've read all sorts of stuff about having the system properly evacuated, something about putting a flex line between the compressor and the wall, also about possibly moving it away from the wall. Then there is always the possibility of just getting a new system that was designed to be quiet, but I'm guessing the whole split system should be done then.

Basically I've figured out that I need a pro to come tell me what the options are and how much they cost.
The system could probably do with a good once over, have some of the fins straightened and whatever a season checkup would entail. At least try to make the trip worth it. Let me know if you have any slow days or other work near 32nd street & baseline.

As much as I'd like to have the home warranty pay for some of it, I'd rather deal with it now than have something go wrong when it's really hot, and the noise really pisses me off.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Good to see you Nestor.
So it's still an 18 year old AC unit, and not "quiet" but you really did get it a lot better than I expected. The hard start issue is gone and my house doesn't have a minor stroke every time the AC starts up any more.
Thanks for the service and the advice. We're going to keep the budget open for a full replacement, but I'm going to get some better sleep for the time being.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

MAMBA!! Need your help. My Daughter's AC is kaput in N Phoenix.

She'll be calling you
Her name is Amy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
MAMBA
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

10-4, no call as of 5:37 pm Mon.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

She's narrowed it down to you and checking references if you want to call her back. Researches everything she does.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: