Saturday, April 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2008

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 122
Total: 122
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

IDEA:
CopDOC Memorial 4x4 Run.
Where should we go?
Who'd like to particpate?

I would be honored to lead.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
2_Screws
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the conversations everyone. It had been awhile since I'd spoken to him in person, and it was nice to hear his stories. He sure has a way with words. I was smiling while reading the past couple pages, and I think that's what Steve would want us to do. Smile.

You'll be missed, but you certainly won't be forgotten.
Rest in Peace CopDoc.

This is going to cost me a lot of money isn't it...
neomonk
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

I'd be in for a CopDoc Memorial Run. He was into scenic routes and hanging around lakes (as I'm sure you know very well). Let me know what you plan.

FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

I would be in for it.
MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

Same here - I'm in. A mountaintop run would be nice...Harquahala Peak is nice, but a long way for most people. I haven't been up Mt. Lemmon but there must be some nice scenic places to pull off and enjoy the company. Or maybe Asbestos Point?
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

PRELIMINARY RUN:
To: MrVTX
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:35 am
Subject: Re: COPDOC Memorial Run
MrVTX wrote:
Wherever we go. Harquahala Peak is a haul, but it is amazingly beautiful at the top with 360 degree views, parking, etc. I picture it as the kind of easy to moderate trail that COPDOC liked to run to just enjoy the scenery. Just an idea though, I'm sure there are a lot of good spots. Asbestos Point sounded like a good one because lots of people wanted to go there, it's scenic, not too hard, there's a cool mine and equipment, and it's up high with views and opportunity for some group solitude. I wish I had more opportunity to get to know the guy, and even though I didn't know him that well, I still feel really bad about it. Let's get something rolling.

Chuck

I'm waiting to see if he has any family. I contacted a friend I have in the medical examiners office to see if there is a death certificate on him in Pima County.

If I get a reply back from my letter I would want to invite his family. Regardless, I a thinking about the Tucson BIG loop, so that Phoenix folks could participate in part, or all of it.

Airdown at the Circle K for Reddington
Through Reddington Pass
Up the San Pedro to San Manuel,
Through Oracle (Stopping for lunch of course) Maybe if Oracle state park is open, doing some kind of Photo/ Ceremony there. Maybe get Jake to say a few words.

Up the back side of Mt Lemmon - Pie in Summer haven,
then back down the front side for Tucsonians, or back down the way we came for Phenoids.

That is 102 miles, it is a very nice copdoc style run.

AND: Added Bonus - we could camp for free on Incinerator Ridge on Mt. Lemmon, right near the repeater!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

I'd be in for a simple run like this if it doesn't interfere with my travel schedule. Might I suggest starting one in the Expedition section so this thread doesn't get filled with the planning.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

DONE

BoomStick
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

RIP Steve,

I hope that the Almighty opened the gates for you of the larger life.

2011 日本製
改造プロジェクト進行中

Icon stg 2
Ricochet full armor
Spidertrax spacers
Richochet Armor
RezFab LCA
MetalTech upper control arms
Rigid light bar
Cooper Discoverer MTP 285/75/
PUPnSOX
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

I would show for the CopDoc run.
TrAiLbUs1
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

Jim if you want to lead no problem bro, you guys were good friends..he would have wanted you to.

Those PM's just brought him back for a moment..man

BaconScout
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who shared. Your fond memories serve him well. I wish I had met him. RIP CopDoc.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

TrAiLbUs1 wrote:
Jim if you want to lead no problem bro, you guys were good friends..he would have wanted you to.

Those PM's just brought him back for a moment..man

Dude, you gotta come, and say some werdz..

dizzyspots
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

Thanks all for sharing memories of our departed friend, Steve...my last memory was our fishing trip to Bear Grass Tank near Arivaca and the massive amount of fish we caught (notice I said quantity NOT pounds...not really sure the pounds would even be plural..) great trip...great friends
RIP Steve....carve those cloud covered canyons buddy!
Jagaliscious
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: In memoriam: CopDoc, Steve Ross Reply with quote

Hi Steve. It's been a long time, I know. I just wanted you to know I was graduating and of course you're on my mind, and it's not without a few tears being shed in the process of writing.

It's been four hard years, but I'm finally at the finish line. Sort of. I went to UA COM PHX last weekend and attended an application workshop. I'm getting ready to set up tours there, at UA COM Tucson, and at Mayo--they're starting a 4-year MD program in 2017, right about when I plan to apply. I'm going to apply at the private programs too, even if they are out of my price-range. I'm getting ahead of myself though; I have a year's worth of prereqs to finish and the new MCAT to take.

Anyway, just thinking of you, because you did it and you were older than me, and you were so certain that I could do it too. Thank you for all your encouragement.

Miss you. <3

Angry_Tim wrote:
I have a nice crack about 8 inches long

Johanlee wrote:
Correctly grasp the narrow mountain road.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: