Saturday, June 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: KICKROCKS
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1942

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 35
Total: 35
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_R2FJ
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

Synopsis

Schnebly Hill Road is one of the most scenic drives in the Sedona area. It's a mostly maintained dirt road that climbs up to the top of Schnebly Hill for an absolutely stunning view. Towards the end of this drive you have the option of doing a more technical "hotloop" trip. The hotloop has some amazing stops that trump even the lookout areas on the Schnebly Hill Road.

Group Size:
Almost any size can be done Schnebly Hill, but the hotloop should most likely be kept under 10 vehicles.

Difficulty

1.5 - Schnebly Hill Road is a easy mostly maintained road. The only reason it gets a 1.5 instead of a 1.0 is that as of late has been pretty rough towards the top. There are lots of larger rocks in the road. Air down, your kidneys will thank you.

2.5 - The "Hotloop" is more of a rock garden than a road for the most part. It's entrance is a good indication on how most of the road will look. Lots of large rocks. Any stock FJ could do this trip, but may take careful driving to avoid wheel and lower body dings.

Length

~11 miles for both Schnebly Hill Road and the Hotloop

Beautiful Sedona Arizona right off the 179.

Aerial of the trail:

Pictures

View from a lookout on Schnebly Hill Road

Typical rocky road conditions on the hotloop

Views from the hotloop

Previous AZFJ Runs to this Trail

GPS Track

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Photo Gallery
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

Very nice! Here are some more pics.

From the top of Schnebly Hill...

The big tree at the first lookout on Hot Loop...

On the Hot Loop there are some nice sites to camp in the woods...

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
toddunderscore
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

One other suggestion. If you're going to camp on the Hot Loop cliffside overlooking Sedona, pick up some firewood and the entrance to the north end of the Hot Loop. There's nothing to really burn on the cliffside except Kurts cigarette butts.

Mr_R2FJ
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

Kurt pick those up! Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Photo Gallery
LTFJC
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

We went and did this trail this last weekend ....amazing veiws!!!!!!If your drivinfg in the area and are looking for something to do....check it out...
Remcon
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

Took a ride out on this trail on Labor day. Wasn't too busy and we did see at least one pink jeep among the hummers and other jeeps doing the tour thing out there.

My impression of this trail is that it's just a rough road complete with centipede looking bugs with yellow fringes. I'm not kidding! My older daughter saw it too!

And now with 3" OME lift!
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

I love it up there. Very cool... nice pics!

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

Way to go somewere!!!!!

Mrmontero
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

i went this one like 2 month ago it was a very fun trail with a lot of nice view and there was some other trails there were little harder but it was a fun family trip i would go back there to explore more. When i was there it wasn't that busy but it get busy sometime. It a great family trip. I hope you guy can have fun with this trail too.

Pauly
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

how many miles is it, any nead to carry fuel.

Mrmontero
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

Maybe 12 miles i think

donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

That's a pretty full Trasharoo...You need to learn to configure it 'gansta' style.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
That's a pretty full Trasharoo...You need to learn to configure it 'gansta' style.
It was just an air mattress and blankets. Fridge, kid, and stroller take up alot of room

SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Schnebly Rd/Hotloop (Sedona, AZ) - 1.5/2.5 Reply with quote

Just did this trail on Saturday. First time in Sedona and it snowed. Pretty bumpy ride going up, but that wasn't the worst of it. Tons of "pink" jeep tours going down. Tried to be friendly and wave and say hello as they passed but I got a ton of nasty looks and comments from some of the jeep jockeys.

It was actually kind of funny, one of the passengers said to the driver "I thought they weren't allowed on this road" and the driver said all snooty "they're allowed but they shouldn't be". I couldn't believe it. Well, half way up it started to snow and when we got to the top it was coming down pretty good. Amazingly beautiful views. Well worth it!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: